When new Vu+ coming out?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Original von vu_duo

That box is still working - it is almost 10 years old, how is that possible ? ;)

Have you tried Neutrino on your TD? is it working good?
    Vu+ Duo Rev 2.3 - Samsung F3 1GB HDD -
    Channel Master 120cm - Kathrein ZAS05/M motor - Inverto White Tech 0.3dB C120 Flange - Aston Satseeker DS200
  • I don't need OLED, better design, or pluggable tuners.

The more powerful version of the BCM chip (what the new dreamboxes have) would be nice though, for PiP and better SD upscaling, but that is supposedly more expensive.

I don't know what "features" are not "licensed" in our BCM7335??
  • Originally posted by salzrat
    I don't need OLED, better design, or pluggable tuners.

I don't know what "features" are not "licensed" in our BCM7335??

BCM7335 can do as many functions you tell him to do.
    It can be DVB-S/DVB-S2/DVB-T/ATSC receiver with maybe small number
    of electronic components added but this can ensure software support for older revisions
    on the long run - something which no stb company is promising right now.
    Vu+ DUO / DM800 / UFS-910 / DM500 / TRIPLE DRAGON
  • Sure, but VU+ Duo _is_ a DVB-S/DVB-S2 receiver, I don't need more.

But what BCM7335 doesn't do is decoding two video streams, so it can't do PiP, and it doesn't have advanced deinterlacing/upscaling, and a slew of other functions. So I don't see your point. The BCM7335 is just a cheaper, less capable chip, no amount of software will change that...
  • Why do you want PiP? there are more important things to change than PiP and adanced scaling you can never have in a STB, for that you buy a separate processor like Lumagen or DVDO.
    Channel Master 120cm - Kathrein ZAS05/M motor - Inverto White Tech 0.3dB C120 Flange - Aston Satseeker DS200

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Likvid ()

• As far the hardware advances users need to understand software (naturally) cannot keep up.
    But this means also things which are included with the hardware will never get used with the software,
    which is really a shame since many options are cut off from your plate - even without knowing about.

Sure I want my receiver to make popcorn also before watching a movie but my message is not about that
    - is more about things which exist in hardware and left out because for this companies hardware sales is more important.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von vu_duo ()

• Isn't everyone looking for dvb-t support ? If someone is telling you the chipset is capable and he wants DVB-S turbo will you buy another adapter just for that ? How about HD 3D or 1080p ? Will you considering buying another STB just for that ?

There are more examples , but as I said your existing box is quite capable if software is worked on.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von vu_duo ()

• I can only speak for myself, but why would I need DVB-T, I have everything on sat anyway.

1080p: the box can output 1080p24 for mkv files already, which is everything one would need.

3D: do you mean for satellite? there are no specific requirements for satellite 3D, as it's a side-by-side format.

What is DVB-S Turbo?
  • Original von vu_duo
    Isn't everyone looking for dvb-t support ? If someone is telling you the chipset is capable will you buy another adapter just for that ? How about HD 3D or 1080p ? Will you considering buying another STB just for that ?

For north america i am looking for turbo mode dvb-s which the chipset is also capable. Why should I purchase an adapter just for that ? I'm quite sure there are more examples , but as I said your existing box is quite capable if software is worked on.

As i said earlier this bigget drawback is that it doesn't have modular tuners and the reason for that is to save costs, i need both DVB-C and DVB-T and don't want some poor USB dongle for that but real modular tuner.

This is the largest reason DM8000 is better, but it's not worth paying twice the money for just that. :tongue:

But DMM has already seen that demand and will release the DM7020HD soon.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Likvid ()

• To recall the past every dmm product is grossly overpriced and entered the market crudely.
    I expect a analogical behaviour of the 7020HD.

A owner of the 8000 won't buy a 7020HD..why should he do that? To splurge money?

The only chance for dmm to survive is to bring down prices or to pair emulators with dmm products.
    But as we all know if "they" do that, they're just one step away of legal prohibition of dmm products across europe.
  • Originally posted by haimar

The only chance for dmm to survive is to bring down prices or to pair emulators with dmm products.
    But as we all know if "they" do that, they're just one step away of legal prohibition of dmm products across europe.

Their current hardware is capable of implementing checks we should not be surprised if this will happen in future.
  • The additions which were made are referring to BCM73xx chipset and that is available on the vu+ GIT, which has not been committed back to main tree.

We all know competition is good but also creativity should follow - without it we cannot advance - please work on the software also not only hardware.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von vu_duo ()

• HM-SAT is now sold out on Vu+ Duo(längere Lieferzeit), i think it's now very short time before the new receiver comes, they have all waited to sell all their stocks, that is the reason the price has also been going down fast the last month.

Marusys told me two times that they can not give me exact date but it will come.

Let's hope it will show up before christmas. ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Likvid ()