When new Vu+ coming out?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• When new Vu+ coming out?

I have talked to Vuplus and they say the new box is coming out Q1, 2011

Now when i talked to them again and they don't know which seems strange, maybe they don't want to tell now because they are afraid they will loose sales of the old receiver.

Does anyone know anymore? will we see a new design of the receiver because it looks very cheap now.

Also i have told Vuplus we need modular tuners, also OLED and new design of the box.
    Vu+ Duo Rev 2.3 - Samsung F3 1GB HDD -
    Channel Master 120cm - Kathrein ZAS05/M motor - Inverto White Tech 0.3dB C120 Flange - Aston Satseeker DS200

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Likvid ()

• yes sorry, 2011
    Channel Master 120cm - Kathrein ZAS05/M motor - Inverto White Tech 0.3dB C120 Flange - Aston Satseeker DS200

• These are the typical rumors which appear when a new product pops up the market and gaines additional market shares as the Vu+Duo did.
    Such rumores are often placed by competitors to stop the shopping fever of potential consumers.
    In this case it looks like there will be really a new revision of the Vu with modular tuners.
  • This will not bring anything new on the table. Other then new MIPS power made by Broadcom and some extra features we can all live without - i don't see this going anywhere. Look at new DM boxes also announced and delivered. Yes, these are power horses, additions such as 3D are included but all this is also included in Brcm7335 if they paid Broadcom for the extra features. Now why anyone upgrade their equipment for things which can be obtained by simply upgrading the software ? If they are choosing to sell more boxes and not to improve the software then sorry this is not for me.

For interested users brcm7335 is capable of many things such as DVB-S/DVB-S2/DVB-C/DVB-T/ATSC but to make this working vu-plus needs to purchase license from broadcom and don't think this is what they have in their mind.
    Vu+ DUO / DM800 / UFS-910 / DM500 / TRIPLE DRAGON
  • So the Vu+ Duo is the poor mans box right?

Anyway, we know that the new VU is soon out, however i haven't gathered anything new from Vuplus about what features it will have but current Vu+ Duo has several negative points.

Missing OLED display
    No modular tuners
    The design is utterly ugly and cheap to keep costs down.

Also, currently Vu+ Duo can only run Enigma2, i would have liked to see Neutrino on it as well as Neutrino is so much slicker and better for people on technical details.

Still Vuplus hasn't fixed simple problems that should work.

BER rating does not work, this is now 1 year since it was released.
    Picture quality is questionable, why is it so much worse than DM8000? bad components? cheap filters?
    Motor plugin does not work good, usually ends with green crash of death.
  • You mentioned: "SD" Picture quality "per HDMI" is questionable, ..

There are a lot of "non-linux" HD Receivers available which have a better picture quality than the DM8000.
    In my Opinion this is a elementary problem on both Dream and Vu receivers.

I would like to see on both plattform a support for "Blindscan" and "4:2:2"
  • Originally posted by Likvid
    So the Vu+ Duo is the poor mans box right?

I think you are wrong - the box is quite capable, the message was -
    why not using the chipset full capability and deliver the results expected then switching to new hardware which will deliver similar results since enigma2 software is still not there yet ?

Remember vu+ products are using dm800 enigma2 to build their boxes,
    by adding better drivers and improving their support they can make this fly over DM product. It is already flying believe me. ;)

Missing OLED display
    No modular tuners
    The design is utterly ugly and cheap to keep costs down.

Will you upgrade your box only for that ? Hmm, I don't get it.

If tuner inside the box can do same things as the modular one, why would you change it ? Cosmetics ? I don't think so...I will trade any LED display to a good sensitive tuner with support for many modulations and fecs.

Also, currently Vu+ Duo can only run Enigma2, i would have liked to see Neutrino on it as well as Neutrino is so much slicker and better for people on technical details.

Neutrino is nice but not developed for more the 1 tuner. Enigma2 is a hog but continuously developed. It also has support for many plugins. Which one will you choose ??

Still Vuplus hasn't fixed simple problems that should work.

I agree.

BER rating does not work, this is now 1 year since it was released.
    Picture quality is questionable, why is it so much worse than DM8000? bad components? cheap filters?
    Motor plugin does not work good, usually ends with green crash of death.

Again cosmetics, it is not vu-plus who caries the blame, but broadcom.
    the mpeg decoder is to blame for that also the quality of your TV display.
    Motor movement is a matter of driver implementation, vu+ should look more into this (software problem)

Originally posted by haimar
    I would like to see on both plattform a support for "Blindscan" and "4:2:2"

vu-duo also is capable of blind scan if implemented in the driver. broadcom will not release 4:2:2 support with their chipset for unknown reasons - only linux box who can is Azbox receiver.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von vu_duo ()

• Original von vu_duo
    by adding better drivers and improving their support they can make this fly over DM product. It is already flying believe me. ;)

Due to this fact Vu+Duo is heavily dependent of multimedia labs.

Has Vu+ started to participate actively in the further developement on E2?

If not, this would signify the end of the current Revision of Vu+Duo if DMM decides to stop support for DM 800 when DM 800 SE enters the market.
  • Original von haimar
    Original von vu_duo

Due to this fact Vu+Duo is heavily dependent of multimedia labs.

Has Vu+ started to participate actively in the further developement on E2?

If not, this would signify the end of the current Revision of Vu+Duo if DMM decides to stop support for DM 800 when DM 800 SE enters the market.

How do your DM500HD compare to your Vu+ Duo? you like DM500HD better?
  • @ Likvid

I'm disappointed of the 500HD. I would call it a "light"-Version of Dream.

As @mamamia said, you can't compare them.
    The Vu+Duo is superior to the 500HD concering technical issues and cost-benefit-ratio.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von haimar ()

• by dm500hd being a lighter version also means DM is also heading on same direction - selling more powerful boxes for same or less features. Where is this hobby going ? Should we all accept the unacceptable - like buying new hardware to be run with undeveloped / bloated software which will never run as supposed ?

I remember 2k era when we where all buying high speed hardware to run
    win9x - I guess today stb companies are pushing for the same, as software will never catch with hardware power - well I stopped upgrading then as I am going to do now and wait for winxp to get released ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von vu_duo ()

• Original von vu_duo
    by dm500hd being a lighter version also means DM is also heading on same direction - selling more powerful boxes for same or less features. Where is this hobby going ? Should we all accept the unacceptable - like buying new hardware to be run with undeveloped / bloated software which will never run as supposed ?

The hobby died many years ago, many teams have left and dealers are scrapping the market for money, look at Spiderbox with the "gift", it's killing the hobby.

Cheap boxes with buggy software, look at DGS/IPBOX with it's inferior software but excellent hardware, still buggy and dead now.

We had Elanvision, a promising box, it died fast in the market because the manufacturer didn't have the knowledge to fix the bugs.

And many more boxes with the same destination, death!

Look at Qbox HD, problems problems, they couldn't fix the tuner so people had to buy new Availink tuner to make it less buggy.

I don't think Vu+ Duo is that great either, but it's better than the rest of the boxes.

Dreambox is maybe good but their hardware has famous history for failing after a short while, i know DM500HD had many returns due do dying hardware, i never found out why it died, no one said anything.

Even DM8000 is dying sometimes you can read now, OLED is failing, won't boot up anymore with different EPROM errors, and that's a 800 euro box X(

Only box i haven't heard anything bad about is Reelbox Avantgarde, maybe because its made in Germany and developed by German developers. :)

• Original von haimar

The 500HD was a panic reaction by DMM in order to stop the growing considerable competitives (which use enigma).
    The relatively low pricing has intensified the pressure on DMM..the result is the "light" 500HD.

The DM7020HD is also a panic reaction to Vu+ Duo but DMM is too late i think and the hardware seems very cheap, by the time 7020HD is out Marusys will already have a modular twin box out for cheaper price than DM.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Likvid ()

The DM7020HD is also a panic reaction to Vu+ Duo but DMM is too late i think and the hardware seems very cheap, by the time 7020HD is out Marusys will already have a modular twin box out for cheaper price than DM.

I think we should analyze where this is coming from. I believe now this was not DM decision entirely. The same as PC business is working also the chipset providers are pushing for this. They are the ones who provide the support to the OEM in this case DM or Vu+. Being a very competitive business, software developers are also going to jump soon as new features are being announced leaving existing products at the end of the life support. This is not fair since only who suffer the most is end consumer who is obliged to upgrade to stay on track - at least this is how everything is working with PC's - somehow I see this happening with STB's just that software is not developed accordingly - only small portion gets updated related to support new CPU's. Question is are you as customer going to support this ?
  • Original von vu_duo
    Originally posted by Likvid

Question is are you as customer going to support this ?

Do we have a choice? there always be someone who pays for these boxes in the end, just look at DM8000, crazy price for what you get but some people pay anyway.

Sometimes i get fed up with everything and just wants to sell all my sat stuff and be happy and free from it.

I had a DM800 prior to my Vu+ Duo and i didn't like it at all, it got very warm after 30 minutes and my card couldn't be inside because it was too hot, i sold it but i got angry that a company can charge so much money for such inferior hardware that DMM makes.

400 euro is alot of money for a small box with nearly nothing inside and this stupidity of using a small box that overheats.

They don't make boxes like old school Reelbox and that is a shame, i can pay 900 euro for a Reelbox because i know the hardware is worth it and the build quality but i would never pay 800 euro for a DM8000.

I can see that you have a Triple Dragon, that was a good quality and good looking box, shame the project died.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Likvid ()

Original von vu_duo
    Originally posted by Likvid

Question is are you as customer going to support this ?

Do we have a choice? there always be someone who pays for these boxes in the end, just look at DM8000, crazy price for what you get but some people pay anyway.

You are correct - crazy uneducated users will always pay for that - it is our "job" to advise them and companies that what they are doing is not correct - at least to try slowing down their "upgrade" efforts by not supporting that. Soon they will realize their market is shrinking and people prefer better products then just buying everything they 'trash out' from the factory. We should all accept to pay for the software also - not only for the hardware - this will trigger a chain reaction on manufacturing side.

I can see that you have a Triple Dragon, that was a good quality and good looking box, shame the project died.

That box is still working - it is almost 10 years old, how is that possible ? ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von vu_duo ()