Boot problem, any idea ???

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Boot problem, any idea ???

I bought a Vu+ Duo two weeks ago, everything was fine until I decided to upgrade to newer image (to original image, I did not flash to other images till now and it was my future map), the image info was:

Enigma: 2010-01-29-master
      Image: Release 1.0.0 2010-04-28

I did not attached hard disk or flash memory, the device was nothing attached to it.
      What I have done to my Vu+ Duo is that:

I switched the main power off and then on while holding the power button to get an IP like Dream Box 800 a few times(8 or 10) and sometimes run the Dream Control Center=DCC
      but no hope to connect with DCC and suddenly the device dosen't come up again.

The device new condition now is :
      Red LED is on when I switch the main power on, the display should go to ">Starting..." message on the display like before but it dosent go. I tried to flash to newer image with USB procedure or with Vu+utility and the ethernet & serial port procedure(null modem cable and ethernet cable) but no successes. I see that ethernet LED at the back is blinking during try to flash with serial port and ethernet procedure but no connection with the device. I think the device bootloader is not starting.

can you help.?
      is there anyway to get back to the normal condition.?
      the device is new and I don't think there will be a hardware problem.

Thank you
    • RE: Boot problem, any idea ???

the standard usb flash procedure:

1) prepare an USB stick formatted in fat32 on PC with the following folders /vuplus/duo
      2) put the relevant "unpacked" files which comes from the database in the subfolder /duo
      3) switch receiver off by means of powerswitch at the backpanel
      4) put the USB stick in the front USB slot behind the cover
      5) switch on the receiver using the powerswitch at the backpanel
      6) follow display instructions
      7) when message shows remove usb now and reboot > switch off the receiver
      8) remove the USB stick at the front slot
      9) start the receiver by means of the power switch at the backpanel
      10) wait till booted and setup.
      ciao
      :D keine kohle mehr :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von tonskidutch ()

• is ier... Recover bei CFE Multiboot

RS232 nulmodem

If the VU+DUO will not be to restart nor for USB or RS232.
      We have the solution below following all the points…

0º - you still have a connection LAN telnet you start in the point 4º sempe with on VU+DUO without pulling out…

If this with on VU+DUO without pulling out always does not have telnet for LAN

It must make this: to use a handle RS232 they nullmodem configuration in PuTTY COM1 RS232 Salve configurations

After that to mark Serial and later Open consoles to appear it of exit of the telnet.

1º - Later sequence with the rat pressures Ctrl+C to interrupt boot in consoles…

2º - this command on of all the low text Copies in the Ctrlt+C keyboard… later goes for consoles telnet
      (this always with the rat) and it makes Ctrl+V and later it pressures Enter in the keyboard…

boot - z - elf flash0.kernel: 'rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock0 rw mem=0x8000000 bcmrac=3 `

3º - the Vu+Duo must be to answer to this command of repairing of boot of inicializar to break flash with defect
      That this command above goes to correct and to pull out the VU+DUO normally…

4º - After pulling out it opens a session telnet Lan or RS232 with the PuTTY and types this command in low:

flash_eraseall /dev/mtd5

5º - the VU+DUO Restarts its later also makes for telnet with this command in low:

reboot - f

That is everything so that its VU+DUO in return to the normal functioning another time…
      I wait that this true ALONE for it has helped them to the VU+DUO…
      THEREFORE IT ALSO GAVE TO SOME WORK AND STUDY AND MANY TESTS
      Therefore it is a true Jtag very known that happily never me was precious…
      Bilder
      • Puty.jpg

60,99 kB, 466×441, 864 mal angesehen
      Dateien
      • putty.rar

(217,13 kB, 93 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Luar ()

• Originally posted by xener
      it doesn`t seem mitra-sara ever used multiboot ... hopefully :)

Yes, you are right I didn't use multiboot. It means that the procedure above also dosen't help to get Vu+ Duo back in normal condition !?
    • The receiver dosent boot anymore as I write on my first post is the problem. I tried the usb but nothing, please read my first post I have discussed step by step and the details. I used putty programs with serial connection and here is the result on its page:

BCM73350010
      Shmoo Version=1.9

MEMC-00000000 RW=00000012 WW=0000003C G=00000001 R=00000009 W=0000001A
      MEMC-00000001 G=00000001 R=00000009 W=0000001A 00000090
      K6
      F
    • Un happyly I do not have solution and I judge that only assistance can decide the ténica it therefore can have problems with the hardware that software does not decide… is what I judge to be this case

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Luar ()

• I checked, it stops at the 7th line with a single letter "F" as I am mentioned at my other post and no reaction from keyboard. You can see that the CPU has detected from putty but it stops working at 7th line. I can not type anything. What makes it to stop?
    • Hi, sry for opening old problem, but I break up today one Duo too.
      I was try open recovery mode over rs232, but I stopped at the pressing ctrl+c

Here is a log from putty
      BCM73350010
      Shmoo Version=1.9

MEMC-00000000 RW=00000012 WW=00000047 G=00000001 R=00000009 W=00000019
      MEMC-00000001 RW=00000011 WW=00000057 G=00000001 R=00000008 W=00000003 #$
      COPY CODE
      A567

At Vu+ Duo I have light on only red diode without message on display.
      Thx a lot
    • good night for the first saw your bootloader is dead, it happened how you flashed the bootloader, if you have not done anything is that flash memory is dead, the bootloader can not be erased every single one, the only means this is the after sales service to replace the bootloader
      IPBOX 9000, VUplus release non officielle kernel 3.1.1 ,multiboot-cfe v44

• Originally posted by gigi
      good night for the first saw your bootloader is dead, it happened how you flashed the bootloader, if you have not done anything is that flash memory is dead, the bootloader can not be erased every single one, the only means this is the after sales service to replace the bootloader

thx for reply, looks like

I'll try send it to my reseller.