Dolby Digital Audio ???

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Dolby Digital Audio ???

      Hi to all ,
      i have an AV receiver Pioneer , and it woks ok with my Vu+ ultimo and VTI image HDMI CEC ON......but on the HD Channels that have Dolby Digital audio i can only control the volume with my AV receiver remote control.....How can i fix this ??

      Thank you..
      Configuration:
      TV : Sony Bravia KDL32W651
      Receiver : Vu+ Ultino VTI 6.0.6
      Av Receiver : Pioneer VSX-324
    • Its not possible to control DD or DTS with the VU - its passed through as it comes in ..
      You have activated "Volume control with AVR remote" in HDMI-CeC Plugin ?

      Otherwise you can activate the Dolby Digital downmix with the "Audio"-Button - in this case you will get only PCM-Stereo sound.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

      Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-251+, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110
    • markusw wrote:

      Its not possible to control DD or DTS with the VU - its passed through as it comes in ..
      You have activated "Volume control with AVR remote" in HDMI-CeC Plugin ?

      Otherwise you can activate the Dolby Digital downmix with the "Audio"-Button - in this case you will get only PCM-Stereo sound.
      Thank you markusw , i thought so.....
      It's really bad to downgrade the audio....on the other hand if i set "Volume Control with AVR remote" i am facing some audio recognition problems, e.g when i change from an HD Channel that has DD audio to a SD Channel that has PCM audio my receiver fails to detect the audio format, but not always.....as a result i don't get audio.......Usually it happens with the HBO HD channels or the CYFRA+ HD channels.....
      I don't know how to solve that...
      Configuration:
      TV : Sony Bravia KDL32W651
      Receiver : Vu+ Ultino VTI 6.0.6
      Av Receiver : Pioneer VSX-324

      The post was edited 1 time, last by NikolasGR ().

    • I (and many others) am using a Logitech Harmony - that solves all my problems with various devices and different circumstances.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

      Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-251+, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110
    • markusw wrote:

      I (and many others) am using a Logitech Harmony - that solves all my problems with various devices and different circumstances.
      Yes its a solution, little expensive though ;) ...

      What i was thinking was to pass the audio from the VU+ to my Sony TV (hdmipassthrough) and from there to run an Optical Audio cable to my AV Receiver, because my Sony TV can handle the AV receivers audio volume up/down and can pass DD DTS etc..In that way i dont have to downmix the VU+ Receiver Audio.... ?-(
      Configuration:
      TV : Sony Bravia KDL32W651
      Receiver : Vu+ Ultino VTI 6.0.6
      Av Receiver : Pioneer VSX-324
    • I hope it works to your satisfaction . ;)

      I've tried a lot of things too - but my goal was to use one remote for all devices.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

      Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-251+, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110
    • markusw wrote:

      I hope it works to your satisfaction . ;)

      I've tried a lot of things too - but my goal was to use one remote for all devices.
      Yes i know , me too.... ;)
      Thanks for helping.. ;thumbup:
      Configuration:
      TV : Sony Bravia KDL32W651
      Receiver : Vu+ Ultino VTI 6.0.6
      Av Receiver : Pioneer VSX-324