Avoid CCCam crashes with recent VTI images (6.x and upper) - Solved

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Avoid CCCam crashes with recent VTI images (6.x and upper) - Solved

Hello,
      From 4.2.1 images, i was having problems with CCCAM, except with CCCAM 2.1.3, and on VTI version 5.0 "Oscam 1.00 - CCCAM 2.1.3" was the only version which was not crashing my VuPlus Solo ...
      All others versions of CCCAM was crashing my box ... Kernel Panic after one hour or less...

And when i installed VTI 6.02, i got kernel panic on all versions of CCCAM...

Finally i successfully got a stable configuration with VTI 6.02 and "OScam 1.20.7442 - CCCAM 2.1.3" but only if i stop the softcam after the VUSolo reboot, and then manually start CCCAM by selecting it in VTI Softcam Center and clicking "OK" on my remote command...
      Strangely if i select Oscam 1.20.7442 - CCCAM 2.1.3" and i click on yellow button in VTI Softcam Center, my box crashe after a moment....

Any idea about why my softcam crashe if i don't manually stop it and start it after the Vusolo reboot ??

Thanks
      Ced

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von fced ()

• My box has the exact same config but none of the issues you describe. In fact I have never seen a kernel panic message on this machine.
      Because you mention kernel panic after an hour with the older versions I guess there is a memory problem, possibly caused by rising temperature. A software mismatch usually ends in an error as soon as the boot cycle is completed, not an hour later.
    • Hello,
      Thankyou for answering,
      In fact kernel panic doesn't give me message on screen... I just found the Vusolo crashed, and sometimes restarting after 3 minutes, sometimes just stay crash; without restart if i didn't unplug the power chord...

After writing the topic, i have tried to launch CCCAM 2.1.3 (not the version i usually use : OSCAM 1.20.7442 - CCCAM 2.1.3) like described in the topic to see if it could be stable...
      I rebooted the vusolo, stopped manually OSCAM 1.20.7442 - CCCAM 2.1.3 and launched CCCAM 2.1.3, and paf after one half hour, i have found the vusolo crashed...

So i finally came again to the only version which is working on my vusolo : OSCAM 1.20.7442 - CCCAM 2.1.3 (and by stopping it and starting it with OK after reboot)....

I don't know why i always have those problems with CCCAM... May be it's because my Vusolo is an old version... may be one of the first series...
      Frontprocessor version : 0
      Tuner detected : TUNER A : BCM7325 DVB-S2 NIM (Internal) (DVB-S2)

Memory Use :
      Total : 106228 / Used : 103072 / Free : 3156 / Shared : 0 / Buffers : 164 / Cached : 31020
      3156 Free memory is very few ...

May be i should think to add an USB Stick in the front usb port and entirely dedicate it to Virtual Memory (Swap File) and see if it change something - I have already tried to create a swap file on my external USB DD, but it doesn't have changed anything to my CCCAM Problems...

And the VU.com factory test i have found in Blackhole images some time ago said me it's an original VuSolo...

In fact if i start to think to this CCCAM problem too much it drive me crazy... :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von fced ()

• Funny, mine says total memory 572124 /used 546568 / free 25556 / shared 0 / buffers 1824 / cached 449116.
      That is roughly 5 times the amount of memory, but also 5 times the amount used for the same software, OSCAM installed but not running.
    • @cees, Strange indeed... May be your box is more recent than mine... in fact with older images VTI 3.2.1 if i remember correctly, i was having feeling there was more memory (total or free, i don't remember)... May be i should try to reinstall it and see...

For cccam 2.3.0 i already tried, but it's same problem, i got crashes...
    • More complicated, yes, i agree... :) but you are right, i should try it...

@cees : your box isn't a vusolo, it's the 2nd generation of it : "Vu Solo 2", for this reason you have more ram than i have ...
    • @fced : you are correct, it is a Solo-2, memory comes cheap now so they installed a bit more.

But that doesn't alter the fact that the same software now uses 5 times more memory simply because it is available.
      After I upgraded my PC there is 3549 Mb ram, currently in use 482 Mb (14%) with just the browser and the email client running. My wife has a newer Windows version that uses more than 80% of the available memory while doing nothing special.
      I guess that is "progress".
    • After 72 hours of CCCAM 2.3.0 running non stop without kernel panic (crash and automatic restart), i think i have found the problem...

In fact i think it was a RAM problem...
      I dedicated a usb stick to create a 64Mo swap... and then installed OSCAM 1.20675 - CCCAM 2.3.0 and from this moment, no more crash...
      I cross my fingers...

Firstly i was thinking it was not a memory problem because when was doing a top in telnet, i was always seeing
      Swap : 0 mo used...

But with CCCAM 2.3.0, in fact Swap is used, it gave me usually 16-20 mo used from the swap...
      I firstly have tried swap on my external usb disk, but may be i done a error, or may be when the HDD gone to sleep it was crashing the VUsolo....
      Anyway, now it seem working very well...

Message add : In fact, even if CCCAM 2.3.0 is working perfectly, i still need to stop it and restart it manually after each restart... If after restarting the Vusolo i don't manually restart CCCAM, it crashe after some hours... and he box stop to work...
      Here is a top command...

Quellcode

1. top - 13:08:13 up 2 days, 16:48, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.05
      2. Tasks: 64 total, 1 running, 62 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie
      3. Cpu(s): 3.0%us, 1.3%sy, 0.0%ni, 93.8%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 2.0%si, 0.0%st
      4. Mem: 106228k total, 99136k used, 7092k free, 500k buffers
      5. Swap: 65532k total, 20332k used, 45200k free, 27084k cached

So i think on new images CCCAM 2.3.0 need more memory than on older versions (of cccam and images) so Swap is needed to work without crashes...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von fced ()