Problem with transponder frequences

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Problem with transponder frequences

Hi all!
      I don't know any German, so came straight to the English section. :D

To the point:
      I've been a Dreambox user for some years. Trying to test and switch to HD, I decided to replace my 7025 with the Vu+ Duo.
      Got it in Tuesday, connected it and everything seemed ok. It came with image version 4.5.
      After I upgraded to the latsest official image (4.9) I noticed a problem with the tuners.
      After an automatic scan, 7025 and Vu+ Duo with 4.5 found around 1800-1900 services. With version 4.9, it found only 1000-1050 services.
      Tried latest Dream-Elite and OpenPLi images with the same results.
      Went back to official 4.5 and 4.6 and it was ok.

So, were the problem is...
      in order for me to watch a channel, my tuner has to "lock" at a frequency 1-3MHz higher than the Transponder's frequency.
      For example, when I watch ReteQuattro, checking the Service Information, "Transpoder" (yellow button) shows 11919V but "Tuner status" (blue button) shows 11920.
      I don't really know if this is normal or there's something wrong with my setup (80cm dish with one quad LNB to Hotbirds) Generally I have good quality signal, around 80% AGC and SNR.
      The point is that all my previous boxes and the vu+ up to version 4.6, made this frequency "shift" automatically. Something like "auto fine tuning".
      From 4.7 and later, I have to do many manual transpoder scans with the "corrected" frequencies, in order to get all the services. And, of course, I have to consider satellites.xml useless.

I'm definitely not an expert but it seems like a bug (driver maybe?) to me. :rolleyes:
      If not, is there something I can do?

Hope my English is not really bad...
      Thanks in advance
      Dimitris
    • We already know about an driver issue with "low quality reception" situations. I think there will be a fix in future.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • I have exactly the same problem.
      Ever since 4.7 firmware I need to rescan most of the transponders with higher value 1-5 in order to get the channels working.
      Before 4.7 firmware everything worked extremely fine.

And its not low reception crap (here 220cm dish).

It's very frustrating, also as the colleague from above stated earlier with network scan was getting 3 times more channels on all satelites than I'm getting now.

I realy hope this is to be put on top in priority list for next driver release because its really annoying
    • nothing new. Plz wait for next firmware release.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • Just to add to this post

For me on Thor 1 West 12128H 30000 SR 3/4 DVB S2
      The 4 HD channels TV4 HD, TV Norge HD, Animal Planet HD & History Channel HD

Signal bar come up as 75% to start with (same as other transponders on that sat) then reads 0%

Using same settings on DM8000 everything is working fine
      Vu+ Duo Receiver Channel Master 1.2 Dish 18 Actuator & Invercom twin lnb with feedhorn
    • Tommorow is exactly one month since the last official VUPLUS DUO release.

We have never waited more than one month for new drivers, wonder what's going on?
    • Original von alpa
      Tommorow is exactly one month since the last official VUPLUS DUO release.

We have never waited more than one month for new drivers, wonder what's going on?

Vu solo has been launched meanwhile. Maybe also the summer holidays are causing a delay between images. Nothing to worry about.

• Originally posted by alpa
      Tommorow is exactly one month since the last official VUPLUS DUO release.

Actually, it's 44 days (1,5 month) since the faulty driver release.
      And I 'm really unhappy about this.
    • Original von omitsos
      Actually, it's 44 days (1,5 month) since the faulty driver release.
      And I 'm really unhappy about this.

True the VERY ANNOYING problem from the name of the topic, first appeared with 4.7 release.

So please VU cmon, don't want to change good opinion about you guys.
    • There are no rports from users that have been affected by this issue auntil now. I clouldn't see changes with first tests, but it is importand that affected useres test again. (If you are using VTI Image you can make a backup of you current live image, so testing won't be a big thing)

• I just tried latest pli image with latest drivers.
      And it's not fixed.
      Tried with latest settings, with latest satelite.xml file.
      In order to recognize channel you must rescan with plus 1 to the value.
      Example:
      28.2 east
      LuxeTV HD default frequency is 12643h, when go there nothing and cannot be rescaned, I add just 1 to the value in this case 12644 voila the transponder gets scanned and the channels appear.

Also the network scan needs to be fixed.

As mentioned above this issue appearded since 4.7 drivers, earlier all was fine and could do regulary network scans to add new channels, unfortunately this is not fixed.

If this is not geting fixed by the next release of drivers (better be soon),
      I'm changing my opinion for VUdevelopers from good guys into bad guys.

thank you VUPLUS team for thinking of us users by not fixing such an important feature.
    • I have original Image in Flash.

Just loaded the defautl channels list. Afterwards i did a manual scan on the transponder mentioned by you above. An Luxe TV HD is found.

• Original von alpa
      I just tried latest pli image with latest drivers.
      And it's not fixed.
      Tried with latest settings, with latest satelite.xml file.
      In order to recognize channel you must rescan with plus 1 to the value.
      Example:
      28.2 east
      LuxeTV HD default frequency is 12643h, when go there nothing and cannot be rescaned, I add just 1 to the value in this case 12644 voila the transponder gets scanned and the channels appear.

Also the network scan needs to be fixed.

As mentioned above this issue appearded since 4.7 drivers, earlier all was fine and could do regulary network scans to add new channels, unfortunately this is not fixed.

If this is not geting fixed by the next release of drivers (better be soon),
      I'm changing my opinion for VUdevelopers from good guys into bad guys.

thank you VUPLUS team for thinking of us users by not fixing such an important feature.

It seems to me that your LNB has a frequency shift problem. Some of other tuners can work around this :)

If you really like to have all your transponders scanned, you can work around this by editing the satellites.xml and add 1mhz to the predefined transponders.
      I would try another LNB, maybe from a different manufacturer.

Greets
    • I'm using this lnb for many years changed several boxes with it and never had this problem.

Also on VU+duo everything was working fine till 4.7 drivers.
      The problem appeared since I switched to 4.7 and above drivers.
    • Original von omitsos
      Just flashed my box with original v5.0
      Exactly the same problem as described in first post. :(

it would be interesting to know if your problems are only above the 11,75Ghz Range...

Greets
    • Original von netbus666
      Original von omitsos
      Just flashed my box with original v5.0
      Exactly the same problem as described in first post. :(

it would be interesting to know if your problems are only above the 11,75Ghz Range...

Greets

Yes, just tested on several transponders and it appears that the problem appears only above 11,75Ghz range.

Any ideas how we may fix this in tuner configuration?