deep standby and early VU+ boxes

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• deep standby and early VU+ boxes

From the announcement of 4.4 drivers, it seems early adopters of VU+ like me have to apply some sort of patch in our hardware. Can someone ask the following questions?

1. This fix is only for recording from deep standby? Or does it affect other issues like LNB power always on and HDMI output always on? If it is only for recording from deep standby, I can live without it.
      2. What the fix really does? Can we have some technical details?
    • Early production of Vu+ Duo does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’.
      If the serial number of your box is from MSA5200001 to MSA5201500,
      then your box does not support ‘Deep Standby Recording’ feature.

Vu+ team has always been thankful for the early buyers.
      And we decided to support those valuable users with minimal cost.

For details, please contact the shop where you bought Vu+ Duo.

No LNB Power fix, no hdmi output in standby fix.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von RealMagic911 ()

• maybe. there is no official statement until now.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • HDMI power seems somewhat strange to me and more a driver issue. If I switch off my VU+, the screen gets completely dark and my TV doesn't see any signal. However, if iI switch my TV off and on, the "ghost picture" is there. However, I don't see this as a major problem and I don't think that it could save a noticable amount of power.
      LNB power in standby could be disabled in many occasions and save some power but I think it's the same on dreamboxes. Because of the features of Enigma2 like streaming over webinterface, these receivers never really go to standby. Just disabling LNB power when the receiver is in standby wouldn't be OK as some features wouldn't work anymore. The savings could be about < 2W per active LNB (so max. 4W for VU+) which isn't that much...
    • Original von Chuscha
      LNB power in standby could be disabled in many occasions and save some power but I think it's the same on dreamboxes. Because of the features of Enigma2 like streaming over webinterface, these receivers never really go to standby. Just disabling LNB power when the receiver is in standby wouldn't be OK as some features wouldn't work anymore. The savings could be about < 2W per active LNB (so max. 4W for VU+) which isn't that much...

LNB power off on standby is useful in another scenario: When you have two receivers connected to the same lnb with a dc pass switch. You put in standby the first receiver in order the second to function correctly, and vice versa. I know it is better to have a second cable for the second receiver, but sometimes this setup is needed. The best would be to make this user configurable, since some prefer to have the LNB power on when in standby, to update the entitlements for their subscription for example.