(Crossposting) Vu+Solo Can't connect to wifi adhoc !?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• (Crossposting) Vu+Solo Can't connect to wifi adhoc !?

Hi all,

I have an Vu+solo with blackhole 1.7.2 image. I try to connect to an Ad-hoc wifi access point. But withou success. The scan see the adhoc access point but can't connect. (For information my vu+solo connect and works fine with a router wifi AP (infrastructure mode)

I do some search in unix documentation for wireless networking. I found some parameters. In the file /etc/network/interfaces the wlan0 interface (used for wireless) use the wpa_supplicant associeted with config file /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf like this:

##########################
    # /etc/network/interfaces file
    ##########################
    auto wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    pre-up wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -B -Dnl80211
    post-down wpa_cli terminate

So I decide to read more about wpa_supplicant.conf file and I found some information in unix doc howto configure this file for ad-hoc wireless networking.

I modify the file /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf like this to manage the ad-hoc AP:

ap_scan=2
    network={
    ssid="C5-03_JoikuSpot_9CCAD92B564F"
    mode=1
    proto=WPA
    key_mgmt=WPA-NONE
    pairwise=NONE
    group=TKIP
    psk=""
    }
    # mode: IEEE 802.11 operation mode
    # 0 = infrastructure (Managed) mode, i.e., associate with an AP (default)
    # 1 = IBSS (ad-hoc, peer-to-peer)
    # Note: IBSS can only be used with key_mgmt NONE (plaintext and static WEP)
    # and key_mgmt=WPA-NONE (fixed group key TKIP/CCMP). In addition, ap_scan has
    # to be set to 2 for IBSS. WPA-None requires following network block options:
    # proto=WPA, key_mgmt=WPA-NONE, pairwise=NONE, group=TKIP (or CCMP, but not
    # both), and psk must also be set.

I restart the box, but still not connected.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If someone can test ad-hoc wireless connecting with enigma2!

Thanks for reading and waiting your feedback please.

========================================
    Vu+Solo. BH 1.7.2.
    ========================================

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von mebken ()

• Why you wanna do that?

Be aware of the following:

WiFi devices in ad hoc mode offer minimal security against unwanted incoming connections. For example, ad-hoc WiFi devices cannot disable SSID broadcast like infrastructure mode devices can. Attackers generally will have little difficulty connecting to your ad-hoc device if they get within signal range.

Signal strength indications accessible when connected in infrastructure mode will be unavailable to you in ad-hoc mode. Therefore, you will face some difficulty whenever re-positioning an ad-hoc device to achieve a better signal.

The WiFi networking standards (including 802.11g) require only that ad-hoc mode communication supports 11 Mbps bandwidth. You should expect that WiFi devices supporting 54 Mbps or higher in infrastructure mode, will drop back to a maximum of 11 Mbps when changed to ad-hoc mode. Ad-hoc mode should generally be viewed as "slower" than infrastructure mode for this reason.

maybe you´ll have to ask in a unix based forum about connecting ad hoc

btw: Crossposting is not the way out ....
    Crossposting: Gleiche Fragen auf verschiedenen Boards posten ...
    Fragen in der Shoutbox?
    Goethe sagte mal: ... auch ist das Suchen und Irren gut, denn durch Suchen und Irren lernt man...
    give it a chance!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Humorator ()