Barry Allen 5.1.14

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Sorry to ask in english but I am nowhere in german.

One of the big issue with BarryAllen on Vu+duo is the not working bootmenu.
      Can we expect a change regarding that in the near future ????

Thanks to let me know
    • Originally posted by funfan
      Sorry to ask in english but I am nowhere in german.

One of the big issue with BarryAllen on Vu+duo is the not working bootmenu.
      Can we expect a change regarding that in the near future ????

Thanks to let me know

we have an english section to ask your questions in english
      please respect that.

You must understand you dont read german and other german users dont read english so it will be a mess if the languages keep crossing all the time.

To your question Gutemine is working to fix all things reagrding Barry Allen

KEINE FRAGEN PER PN DIESE WERDEN OHNE AUSNAHME GELÖSCHT FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM
      KEINE FRAGEN IM VORSTELLUNGSBEREICH FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM

Anfänger Tipps die nicht alle im Handbuch stehen##Die wichtigsten Links von Vuplus Support!## QUICK-START-GUIDE für Neuankömmlinge...##Anfängerfragen & Notdienst ##JA / NEIN Fragen für Anfänger ##FAQ
    • @stauffie

that is not correct, gutemine has posted a program in C which the developers of the VU have to look into! Because he has no Vu and therefore the DEvs have to look into it why the framebuffer of the bootmenu doesn´t work...
    • Originally posted by netbus666
      @stauffie

that is not correct, gutemine has posted a program in C which the developers of the VU have to look into! Because he has no Vu and therefore the DEvs have to look into it why the framebuffer of the bootmenu doesn´t work...

what i was trying to say was
      That errors regarding BARRY ALLEN will be fixed by Gutemine
      I was not trying to say problems in the image build will be fixed by Gutemine

Sorry for that i was not clear enough for you ;)

KEINE FRAGEN PER PN DIESE WERDEN OHNE AUSNAHME GELÖSCHT FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM
      KEINE FRAGEN IM VORSTELLUNGSBEREICH FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM

Anfänger Tipps die nicht alle im Handbuch stehen##Die wichtigsten Links von Vuplus Support!## QUICK-START-GUIDE für Neuankömmlinge...##Anfängerfragen & Notdienst ##JA / NEIN Fragen für Anfänger ##FAQ
    • nope, you also haven´t got what i said :)

Look into the german thread Barry Allen 5.1.14

gutemine says, the framebuffer output has to be fixed by someone of the Dev´s :)
      he isn´t able to fix it, because he has no Vu+... Therefore there will be no bootmenu!

but we can discuss this in german language... maybe one of the DEV´s is able to look into the problem of the hallo.c program...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von netbus666 ()

• we have a little bit unsatisfying situation.

It looks like I cann't fix it myself because i neither have a VU+ (and I don't want one either to prevent misunderstandings) nor do I want or intend to build up an OE for the VU+.

Therefore it looks like I cann't fix the problem without help. To get this help I posted a small hello World example for the framebuffer which allows people with the appropiate prerequisitesas outlined above to reproduce the problems and to work on finding out why the code works on 6 different Dreamboxes but not on the VU+

So for the moment I simply wait ... as you do. So far not anybody has replied if he at least compiled the hello.c, so I don't have any further update to this situation.

All the other issues (framebuffer driver load, remote control device, box detection and clone box detection have been fixed by the help of normal users, we only failed on the Framebuffer output itself - it compiles and runs now, but simply doesn't give any output without any error - which finally brings me back to the unsatisfying situation)

Ciao
      gutemine
      Bad mood, bad manners, bad Plugins, you have been warned :whistling:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• Hi gutemine,

sorry i'm no image developer. So i can't test you Hellow World example. Our whole Dev-Team is building the upcoming release of vtiimage to provide the new VU+ fixes even in the team image. I think it should be possible to have al look for hello.c after the new image release.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Thx realmagic911 for replying :)
      I think it would be nice, that BA would work on the VU without any problems and a working bootmenu :)
      Please keep us informed, i think BA is an essential tool for all of the VU Users!
    • Full Ack:

1st Prioritry: stable Image and Buffixes
      2nd Prio: Features ;)
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • so its up to you, to do something :)
      At the moment i have not much spare time left :(

BA runs great, but without Bootmenu! But you can do a workaround to simply select the image you want to boot in the BA plugin or via telnet!
      If you know wich "number" your image has you can press the corresponding button on the remote control e.g. 2 (for image 2) when the BarryAllen background is on and then press ok...
    • at the moment I don't have a real motivation to spend more time to fix the problem. If the code works with 5 different Framebuffers without change it is hard to spend too much time on a 6th one if it doesn't.

Especially because I don't want to compile the bootmanager extra for the VU+ in a VU+ OE - either the box is compatible or it is not.

And we also have to fix the USB driver load problem, because this is something I would like to avoid - it was only a workaround for the VU+ to overcome the strange udev implementation, but this has to change or BA will soon not work anymore on the VU+

Ciao
      gutemine
      Bad mood, bad manners, bad Plugins, you have been warned :whistling: