Problem with irdeto CHID detection

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Problem with irdeto CHID detection

I posted this info to pli-images.org forum, then I also found this forum and I thought that maybe VU+ developers can see this problem faster here.

"I have a VU+ duo with latest openpli (28/02/2010). There is a problem in correct irdeto CHID detection. It affects both CCcam and mgcamd. For example, in channel ALTER of the greek Netmed package on Hotbird 13, CCcam or mgcamd only see CHID 0013 and 0063, where the same softcams in DM800 can see all four CHIDs, 0013, 0014, 0016 and 0063. The CHID that works with my subscription with this channel is 0014, thus it can't be decoded with VU+ HD Duo.

Haven't yet tried original VU+ image to see if the problem exists there too. I guess there might be some bug in PMT handling. "

After a member suggested to test with dvbsnoop if ECM pid delivers the same data, I did that and posted:

"OK, I grabbed packets from the ECM pid 1520 (channel ANT-1 of Nova package at 13E) on both DM800 and VU+. This channels shows six CHIDs in DM800 and only two in VU+. It seems that VU+ skips packets. DM800 got 100 packets in nine seconds. VU+ got 100 packets in 26 seconds. By examining captured data, VU+ gets only one packet every three packets while DM800 gets all six packets. And this is happening again and again. It is always the same two packets (1st and 4th in the log) that are received in both receivers."

I am attaching dvbsnoop logs for ECM PID 1520 from DM800 and VU+.

This is really urgent for us Greeks because we cannot use our subscription to Nova Greece.

Hope some VU+ developers can see this and get it fixed.
      Dateien
      • vuduo.txt

(30,5 kB, 47 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
      • dm800.txt

(30,5 kB, 25 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • The issue is already known. Maybe it is not really a Vu+ specific issue. It seems to be an effect occuring because of the newly used enigma version. With the last version it changed from 2.6 -> 2.8.

Workaround: USE VTI 0.4 or last original firmware V3.2

Thanks for the logfile, maybe we can get closer to the cause of the problem.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • It's good that some of the VU+ developers already know about this issue.

I'll test with previous version and let you know. But since this is something that can be checked with dvbsnoop, I guess it has nothing to do with enigma2, either 2.6 or 2.8. dvbsnoop doesn't use enigma2, it is connects to the dvb interface to get the data. And the data is missing packets, it seems that only one every three packets is delivered.

Please feel free to ask me to do any debugging/testing that is required to resolve the issue. I am a skilled linux sysadmin and have big experience on enigma1/enigma2 receivers. I also own a DM800 so I can make tests on both platforms.
    • I confirm that with VTI image 0.4 the issue doesn't happen. logged data from dvbsnoop with 0.4 are the same as in DM800, and mgcamd/cccam work fine decoding legal subscription to Nova Greece. So it seems the new dvb drivers can be blamed for this issue.
    • Thank you. were going to forward the additional informations.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • It seems that this part of the fix
      3. Demux dirver update
      - Fix PES Filter problem.(Teletext, Subtitle)
      - Fix section filter problem

in latest dvb drivers broke something in the ECM PID handling. For now I stick to previous drivers but it would be nice to see this fixed soon because newest drivers have many improvements.

If VU driver devs need any more info, please let me know.
    • Thanks to your logs an testing, we put this issue on the list.

• Hi malakudi

would it be possible for you to test the current Original Firmware 4.1 again? Download from our Database.

thanking you in anticipation

• Originally posted by RealMagic911
      Hi malakudi

would it be possible for you to test the current Original Firmware 4.1 again? Download from our Database.

thanking you in anticipation

Will test today and let you know.
    • Thanks malakudi!

• my irdeto2 card Canaal Digitaal NL
      works 100%

KEINE FRAGEN PER PN DIESE WERDEN OHNE AUSNAHME GELÖSCHT FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM
      KEINE FRAGEN IM VORSTELLUNGSBEREICH FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM

Anfänger Tipps die nicht alle im Handbuch stehen##Die wichtigsten Links von Vuplus Support!## QUICK-START-GUIDE für Neuankömmlinge...##Anfängerfragen & Notdienst ##JA / NEIN Fragen für Anfänger ##FAQ
    • IMHO: Canaal NL wasn't affected because the only use one chid.

• Unfortunately it hasn't been fixed. dvbsnoop still gets one out of three packets in ecm pid, so it misses two out of three chid.

I can provide logs if needed, though it is still the exact same issue, so logs from previous post should be enough to understand the issue. It is actually really easy to test, no need to have a subscription:

Tune to 11823 Horizontal, 27500, 3/4, satellite hotbird 13E, then do a:

dvbsnoop -npd 0x5f0

0x5f0 is the ecm pid of channel ANT-1.

You will see that only packets with chid 13 (bytes "80 70 39 cd 00 05 00 13") and chid 28 (bytes "80 70 39 cd 03 05 00 28") are logged. With pre 25.02 drivers, all six packets are logged.

Back to VTI 0.4 :(
    • Thanks for testing. We're going to report this issue to VU again.

• I tested with drivers from original image 4.2 and the problem still exists.

This issue should be top priority because it is a fundamental flaw in the DVB drivers, which occured since release 4.0 . Correcting aesthetic issues like "PIG" should have less priority than this issue.

I tried contacting VU directly for the issue, but I get no answer from them. This is not a good behaviour to their customer.
    • Originally posted by malakudi
      I tested with drivers from original image 4.2 and the problem still exists.

This issue should be top priority because it is a fundamental flaw in the DVB drivers, which occured since release 4.0 . Correcting aesthetic issues like "PIG" should have less priority than this issue.

I tried contacting VU directly for the issue, but I get no answer from them. This is not a good behaviour to their customer.

Yes, You are total in right! Vu development team must fix this and other most importan bugs!
    • Still no luck with new 4.3 image...

This is really weird but devolopers or images writers look like does not care abaout this issue. Its very basic function error, and not fixed since over a month& 3 image versions..
    • We will report it again!

• Irdeto problem is still ongoing. 4.3 software has not solved the problem.
      Eutelsat 7E Lig tv HD Irtedo chid problem...
      Do you have any information about this problem? Vu + Duo in Turkey many users are faced with this problem. Do you have a study about this problem? If in the next software fix possible? We look forward to an improvement of the walls. Thank you in advance

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von kemalcakirca34 ()