barry allen+USB

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• barry allen+USB

Hi!
      I have vti 0.4 image installed in the flash and i am trying to install Barry Allen in the USB memory so that it wouldnt be in the HDD.
      I attached the FAT32 formatted usb at the back and everytime i try to install BA the installation terminates. It wouldnt be installed as long as i have the usb connected to the box. When i removed it and tried to install barry allen everything went fine but the problem is everything is on the HDD and thats not any good since the HDD spins when i run the images in multiboot.
      Any idea how to solve this?
      thanks in advance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von cosonic ()

• if you try without hdd then you have no problem with barry allen on usb..i think that´s a problem for gutemine to fix it... i have the same problem here to...
    • Original von codejunkie
      if you try without hdd then you have no problem with barry allen on usb..i think that´s a problem for gutemine to fix it... i have the same problem here to...

NO this is not a problem ob BA this is intentionally that sticks which aren ot properly detected are rejected, because they would not boot stable afterwards.

And if you would read the documentation and create a noba directory on the Harddisk BEFORE you install BA it would not use the Harddisk at all.

You therefore should format the stick with the HP Freeware Tool for USB sticks (full not quick) as teh docu suggestes and if it then still fails use another stick which is properly detected.

Ciao
      gutemine
      Bad mood, bad manners, bad Plugins, you have been warned :whistling:
    • Original von cosonic
      create noba file?
      where can i find a proper documentation?
      Thank you.

NO not noba file but a folder/directory on your HDD

KEINE FRAGEN PER PN DIESE WERDEN OHNE AUSNAHME GELÖSCHT FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM
      KEINE FRAGEN IM VORSTELLUNGSBEREICH FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM

Anfänger Tipps die nicht alle im Handbuch stehen##Die wichtigsten Links von Vuplus Support!## QUICK-START-GUIDE für Neuankömmlinge...##Anfängerfragen & Notdienst ##JA / NEIN Fragen für Anfänger ##FAQ
    • well when i initialize the HDD , vu automatically creates to folders, one movies and another folder called lost and found or something similar,and although these 2 folders exist..barry allen refuses to install on usb. Do i have to create a more speicifc folder and delete those 2 folders or what exactly?
      Thank you for ur help and support.
    • The folders on your harddisk shouldn't be necessary for installing on usb.
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • i have the same

installing on harddisk there is no problem but i can´t do this on USB stick

so i can mount the stick by my self i think all is is ok with the stick
      "Das Geheimnis des Könnens liegt im Wollen." Giuseppe Mazzini Eigentlich wollte ich mich mit Dir geistig duellieren.........aber ich sehe Du bist unbewaffnet.
      >>> TOP Infos hier: <<<
      Wissen heißt wissen, wo es geschrieben steht. Albert Einstein

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fukkel ()

• Stick formated with HP-Tool?
      Or removed all partitions with diskpart?

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
    • and i got no erros when is start and stop the udev (i see no post)
      "Das Geheimnis des Könnens liegt im Wollen." Giuseppe Mazzini Eigentlich wollte ich mich mit Dir geistig duellieren.........aber ich sehe Du bist unbewaffnet.

• before i get even more lost than i already am, this is what happens.
      first initialize the HDD, that deletes everything and creates 2 folders on the hdd. Second i attach the formatted FAT32 usb at the back of the box and then proceed with the Varrey Allen installation.
      Tha said, the installation process is terminated.
      And from what i understood i have to create a folder in the HDD before i install BA.
      The question is do i have to delete the 2 folders that initilization created and leave only one folder that i create? in that case what is that folder to be called?
      Thanks.
    • I think you misunderstood something.

Maybe your usb Stick isn't recognized correctly. Did you format the USB Stick with the HP Tool (mentioned in the Barry Allen FAQs)?

• Ok, maybe it would be usefull to use another usb stick.

• LOOK HERE It's mostly in english.

• oozoon.de/progs/thowitools/BarryAllen_044rx-en.pdf

You do NOT need to create any directories on the Harddisk before installing BA, but if it is not properly detecting the USB stick it will then install on the hardddisk.

ONLY if you want to prevent this you have to deinstall BA and create a noba directory on the hardddisk (no need to format) before re-installing it.

ipkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen
      mkdir /media/hdd/noba
      ipkg install /tmp/*.ipk

And finally if it is installed on teh harddisk just re-installing is useless because then it wil simply update the existing Harddsisk installation no matter what stick is present. Therefore you have to deinstall and install as outlined above.

And the USB stick has to be present as /dev/sdb1 before installatiuon or it will fail.

Check with find /dev/sd* before.

Ciao
      gutemine

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()

• @gutemine

do you have any idea why i can mount my USB stick by hand but not by "automatic"

• During boot a stick hast to become online within a few seconds - if it fails it will not boot.

When you plug the stick to a booted image you have all time in the world to detect it properly and you can even mount the rawdevice /dev/sdb instead of the primary partition /dev/sdb1 as long as you made a filesstem on it.

BA is a booting tool, which means it will accept only a properly partitioned stick and if it fails to become online after the re-partitioning and format it is very likey that it will not work during boot either - hence it is simply rejected.

Would you prefere proper installations and failing boots ?

Therefore make proper formats and partitioning, and if the stick still fails either take another one or try with an USB hub (passive is sufficient) in between (which improves detectability)

Ciao
      gutemine

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von gutemine ()