VTi 15.0.0 Vu+ Uno 4K SE not decrypting recording

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• VTi 15.0.0 Vu+ Uno 4K SE not decrypting recording

Hello!

So I recorded 2 channels at once last night, both encrypted channels. One of the recordings is decrypted fine and the other one is not, despite the box having been in sleep mode (while not recording) for more than the duration of the recording.

The encrypted recording is 2 hours and 30 minutes. It also currently seems like the box is not writing to the disk at all (not decrypting) while in sleep, even though it should try and decrypt the file.

Any help?

EDIT: I am using the CAM provided by the cable TV provider, no softcam.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von antoniu200 ()

• Did you configure the box to do encrypted recordings?

Did you try to playback the encrypted recording? Does it work?

If you didn't configure the box to do encrypted recordings, it will decrypt while recording.
      The first one will work, the second one won't, because the module is busy doing the first one.
      In this case the second recording isn't an encrypted recording... it is a failed recording...
    • RickX schrieb:

Did you configure the box to do encrypted recordings?

Did you try to playback the encrypted recording? Does it work?

If you didn't configure the box to do encrypted recordings, it will decrypt while recording.
      I did not configure the box to do encrypted recordings, since I have no idea how to do that. Also, I think I record more than I leave the box in sleep, for now, so I'm afraid to configure it to do them encrypted, since the box has to be in sleep mode and not record any (scrambled or unscrambled) channels.

I tried to play it back on the Vu+ box, it's encrypted: subtitles work, timings on them, video and audio don't.

If I don't configure the box to do encrypted recordings, is there any way to tell it to decrypt the file?

If not, will telling it to do them encrypted start the decryption on the file? Can I reverse this setting in the future?
    • I tried recording from that channel again. What I saw was very weird.

While recording, the channel was completely visible and the stream was perfect: sound, video and subtitles were all working. I looked at the recorded file while recording. It seemed fine, but had some seeking issues, so I figured it's because the file is unfinished. After the recording was done, the final .ts file was re-encrypted.

No other recordings were done in the time interval, so the CAM was not used by some other channel. Also, recordings are set to be prioritized by the system.

Is it possible the CAM is re-encrypting the .ts file after playing it back for this particular channel?
    • First: Your recording ist *not* an encrypted recording, it’s a failed recording… it’s garbage.

You have two choices:
      • Encrypted recordings. You can make more than one in parallel, but they have to be decrypted afterwards. Decryption is only possible in standby mode and there must be no other activity, e.g. recordings, Decryption takes as long as the play time is,
      • Decrypted recordings. The channel is decrypted while it is recorded. As the module can only do one decryption in parallel, you can not record more than one channel at a time, you can not watch an encrypted channel and simultaneously record another one.
      To configure encrypted/decrypted recordings go to menu / VTI / Settings / Timer.
    • I just did another recording on a different channel. The file was exhibiting the same symptoms as the previous recordings.

The only difference is: it's actually trying to decrypt it now.

I checked that menu you told me about: it seems like, at some point, I must have turned on "Never decrypt while recording CI channels", as until today, all channels were being decrypted while recording, and the reason the other 2 recordings were not decryptable is because that channel changed its decrypting key.

I learnt my lesson. No more multi-channel recording for encrypted ones.

P.S.: Is it possible that, in the future, a box with 2 CI slots will be released?

P.S. 2: Is it possible the VTi image turns on that setting automatically when recording multiple encrypted channels?
    • Perhaps the module is also not configured quite correctly.

CI+ Modul, was geht, was nicht, WICHTIG: Posting #1 lesen (für Duo 4k (SE), Ultimo 4k, Uno 4k (SE), Zero 4k, Solo 4k, Solo SE (V2), Duo2 und Solo2)

I have copied the important passage.

mc2 schrieb:

- Unterstützung für mehrere Kanäle: auf NEIN stellen. Das ist wichtig um Fehler bei Aufnahmen und Streams zu verhindern (später mehr dazu)
      - Unterstützung für hohe Datenrate: unbedingt auf JA stellen
      translator

By the way, I only record decrypted. Supposedly, however, it should work well if all settings are correct.

antoniu200 schrieb:

Is it possible that, in the future, a box with 2 CI slots will be released?
      already exists

Vu+ STB Vergleichstabelle – Vu+ WIKI
      An alle Neulinge und auch einige alte Hasen: Bitte denkt an eine Sicherung.
      BackupSuite und Image-Backup sind kein Hexenwerk, und ruckzuck erledigt!