Trouble with remote and tuner A

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Trouble with remote and tuner A

Hi there,

I have two issues that happen every now and then, totally unexpected, randomly, since I bought the Vu+ Duo 4K SE, a month ago.
      I downloaded and installed VTI image version 15 (flashed) and now through internet I have the most recent update installed.
      I'm trying to find out if it is hardware or software.

1. The remote doesn't work from time to time:
      It is not due to empty batteries as I use both the original remote as an universal remote and it happens with both regardless. When it happens not even the touch buttons on the receiver itself work any more.
      I discovered that the virtual remote, when using the computer interface, always works, even if the receiver does not react on the remote or touch-buttons in front anymore. It is if the software part responsible for getting the commands either from the remote or the touch-buttons in front sometimes freezes. I also discovered that it resume working after 5 minutes or so or in any case when rebooted.

2. Tuner A isn't available so now and then:
      Some times, totally unexpected and for no reason at all, tuner A becomes unavailable, as if it is used by a recording or PiP, even when no recording is taking place and Pip is not used. Only way to regain tuner A is by rebooting the receiver. I also exchanged both antenna cables, but the issue remains on tuner A.

Thanks so much!
    • About issue number 1 (remote not responding), I've some additional information:

When it happens the following is a fact:

- the original remote doesn't work any more
      - the universal remote doesn't work either
      - the touch-buttons in front of the receiver don't work either
      - the virtual remote via the computer interface still works
      - after going Standby, with the computer interface, it still doesn't change anything
      - rebooting the receiver will result in the remotes and toch-buttons in front of the receiver working again
      - same applies, when it happens, to restarting the GUI with the computer interface.
      - also I previously said that it some times start working again after 5 minutes or so, that never happend again it stays freezed till reboot or GUI restart only

So it seems that it is the GUI that freezes so now and then.

About issue number 2 (tuner A not available from time to time) I've some additional information:

First of all, thanks to Dibagger for the right link. Now I understand what you're talking about. The configuration of the tuners.
      I have 2 cables from the dish, with a DiSEqC switch and 3 LNB's, going to the receiver, one cable on tuner A and one on tuner B.

The most apropriate configuration from the link you gave me would be this one (whereby I selected simple A/B/C/D instead of only A/B).
      I scanned all 3 the satellites on the A-tuner and then configurated the B-tuner as a copy of A.
      It works most of the time, but now and then the A-tuner becomes unavailable and only a reboot will free it up again.
      Thanks!

• Today the info boxes didn't appear and rebooting was not possible.
      After put to standby and back again the remote stops working.
      By computer interface rebooting and restarting the GUI doesn't work.
      After a while restarting the GUI works finally! I'm lost.
      Now it works fine again, remote and tuners.
      I'll keep watching it and wait for next update to see if it helps, but it is very strange.

It happened again, the remote doesn't work, not able to reboot, not able to restart the GUI with the computer interface.
      Had to switch the receiver off with the switch on the back.

Very frustrating, missing parts of documentaries that I was watching and miss parts of all timer recordings.

Well, try to stay positive.

Schoenes Wocheende.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Anabozzo ()

• Just in case someone is still following this post, some updates:

Recently I discovered the route cause for the tuner not being available, but have not find a remedy yet.

So this is what happens:
      My receiver has a tuner recording state, while no recording whatsoever or PiP is going on/used. Every time I reboot the receiver the problem is fixed. The tuner becomes completely available again.

I recently discovered, by not rebooting and investigating further, that it happens when a timer recording has been triggered. It somehow freezes in the recording mode what results in the A-tuner being used, hence not being available. The strange thing, however, is that no recording is going on at that point. Also the timer entry did not result in a movie been recorded. Removing the timer entry frees up the tuner once again. No need for reboot.

So apparently something goes wrong while a timer entry has been triggered to record. No movie has been recorded, but the A-tuner is no longer available and remains in a 'recording' state, hence not available.
      Solution is rebooting the receiver or deleting the timer entry.

What if you have a timer entry MO-FR, that should record during the workweek. No recordings are made and every day I have the A-tuner not available issue.

I've tried to remove the timer entry and add a new one, but it keeps behaving the same. Strangely enough there are timer entries that work just fine. I keep testing but have not found a solution yet.

The big question is: Is this a software or hardware problem? Is the dual-tuner defect. When I start a direct recording it works fine. Should I ask the dealer for a new tuner or wait for the next VTI update?

Thank you so much for any effort to understand this issue and provide some clearance.

Have a good weekend all!