Possible beginner issues and/or update requests

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Possible beginner issues and/or update requests

Amsterdam, 18 feb 2021

Hallo dear developers of VTI,

I’ve a Vu+ Duo 4K SE and am running VTI 15.0.

You do an amazing job with the image and I’m very pleased how it turned out so far. You could even make it better, at least to me, introducing a few options for the next update. It could be that some of the suggestions I have, are already installed, then it would be nice if you tell me how to configure my VU+, otherwise it would be really great if you insert these options to the next update.

Movie Archive (recorded movies):
      • Be able to create a folder, even when you already are in the Movie Archive.
      • Be able to stop a just started recording, when this, due to not available tuner, stops letting you watch your current channel. When you want to stop the recording you’re not able to, you stop it alright but it doesn’t stop it, even not when rebooting. It just keeps recording. When disabling the recording in Timer (with the option to keep the timer for the next time or not), it still records it. The ONLY way to stop this recording and return watching what you were watching just before the recording started, is to delete the timer entry all together! This is more a defect or a bug in the VTI image than a request for a new or changed activity. You should been able to stop a recording started by the timer without having to delete the timer entry!
      • Would also be nice, when you zap back to a channel that is being recorded at that moment, to have the opportunity to rewind it to the beginning of the movie in real time. Not having to go to the Movie Archive first, having to select the same movie and watching it from there only.
      • The DVR button should bring up the Movie Archive by default from media/hdd, so you can select a recorded movie from a folder you made there, and not from media/hdd/movie. Or at least you should be able to select where it starts from in the menu.
      • Pressing PVR brings you to the Movie Archive. It would be nice, when pressing PVR long time, to go to Timer. Two of the most used functions in a button.
      • Would also be nice to have an option, in menu, that when you push the Info button you get the Info bar, instead of the help function.
      • It would be nice, when playing a recorded movie to be able to:

• Use the number-pad to give in a percentage to move to that spot in the movie. For example, when giving in 50% it goes halfway the movie.
      • Allow to stop watching a recorded movie, also if you are in the Movie Archive menu.
      • Have the option to delete a recording, even if it is still playing it.

• When pressing the Play button (and the movie is already playing) show the progress (time line) of it, not pause it.
      • When pressing the Pause button (while the movie is already paused) unpausing it.
      • The fast forward and rewind button should, when long pressed, be able to fast forward or rewind as long as you keep the button pressed. As soon as you release it, it should stop fast forward/rewind. Now if you do press it long, it appears to go to the seek option, what is not handy at all. At least you should have the option to choose between these two behaviors in the menu. (pressing it shortly would remain FF or RW 2-4-8-…, that’s fine)
      • The functionality of the color buttons could be as follows, when playing a recorded movie:
        • Red: remove the recording
        • Green: mark the spot on the time line of the recording
        • Yellow: go to the (next) marked spot on the time line
        • Blue:options (in a dropdown) like:
          • Move the recorded movie to another folder
          • Rename the movie

Also:

When watching TV or when using PiP the red button is not used. Would it be possible to use the red button to activate PIP and when pressing the red button for long time switching the channels. It’s better than having to use the Exit button and the 0 (zero) button. It should be selectable from the menu.

Even keep pushing the red button could be a sequence like:
      • first push = start PiP
      • second push = make the little picture of the PiP smaller
      • third push = stop PiP
      • Long push will exchange the two pictures.
      The possibility, to not only move bouquets in a folder but also from a folder to another.

The receiver should be able to go to standby even when it is still in a menu and once it is restarted not coming back in the same menu. The same channel, yes.

By the way, I’ve selected the English language, and when you are watching a recording, the info bar has still some words in German.

Again, some issues could already been addressed, then please let me know how to configure my receiver so I can fix it. Otherwise, please consider implement some, if not all, these features in the next update.

Thank you very much,
      Anatole

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von hgdo ()

• Anabozzo schrieb:

Be able to create a folder, even when you already are in the Movie Archive.
      Press menu button and choose option to create a folder

Anabozzo schrieb:

Be able to stop a just started recording, when this, due to not available tuner, stops letting you watch your current channel.
      Press the stop button. All active recordings will be shown and you can choose one and stop it with the ok button.

Anabozzo schrieb:

Would also be nice, when you zap back to a channel that is being recorded at that moment, to have the opportunity to rewind it to the beginning of the movie in real time. Not having to go to the Movie Archive first, having to select the same movie and watching it from there only.
      Activate timeshift

Anabozzo schrieb:

The DVR button should bring up the Movie Archive by default from media/hdd, so you can select a recorded movie from a folder you made there, and not from media/hdd/movie.
      See Menu - VTi - Setup Movies - Begin/End of playback (2/6) - Start folder for movie list

Anabozzo schrieb:

Pressing PVR brings you to the Movie Archive. It would be nice, when pressing PVR long time, to go to Timer. Two of the most used functions in a button.
      You can do this by MQB (Multiquickbutton)
      More sense does it make to use directly the timer button

Anabozzo schrieb:

It would be nice, when playing a recorded movie to be able to use the number-pad to give in a percentage to move to that spot in the movie.
      Not possible because the number pad is use to skip foreware and backward

Anabozzo schrieb:

Allow to stop watching a recorded movie, also if you are in the Movie Archive menu.
      Press exit and then stop

Anabozzo schrieb:

Have the option to delete a recording, even if it is still playing it.
      Set Menu - VTi - Setup Movies - Begin/End of playback (2/6) - Behavior when a movie is stopped to ask user
      After stopping the movie you can delete it directly

Anabozzo schrieb:

When pressing the Play button (and the movie is already playing) show the progress (time line) of it, not pause it.
      Use the OK button instead

Anabozzo schrieb:

When pressing the Pause button (while the movie is already paused) unpausing it.
      Exactly that is already realized

Anabozzo schrieb:

The fast forward and rewind button should, when long pressed, be able to fast forward or rewind as long as you keep the button pressed.
      Not possible by hardware reasons

Anabozzo schrieb:

The functionality of the color buttons could be as follows, when playing a recorded movie:
      Red: remove the recording
      Removing during playing is not possible

Anabozzo schrieb:

Green: mark the spot on the time line of the recording
      Use 0 (Zero) instead

Anabozzo schrieb:

Yellow: go to the (next) marked spot on the time line
      Use < and > instead

Anabozzo schrieb:

Blue:options (in a dropdown) like:
      Move the recorded movie to another folder
      Rename the movie
      Not possible during playing.
      Press Menu in the movielist and choose the desired function

Anabozzo schrieb:

When watching TV or when using PiP the red button is not used. Would it be possible to use the red button to activate PIP and when pressing the red button for long time switching the channels. It’s better than having to use the Exit button and the 0 (zero) button. It should be selectable from the menu.
      Exit and Zero button are established. There is not reason to change that

Anabozzo schrieb:

The possibility, to not only move bouquets in a folder but also from a folder to another.
      Use dreamboxedit with a PC

Anabozzo schrieb:

The receiver should be able to go to standby even when it is still in a menu and once it is restarted not coming back in the same menu. The same channel, yes
      I can't see any sense in this

Anabozzo schrieb:

By the way, I’ve selected the English language, and when you are watching a recording, the info bar has still some words in German.
      That is not implemented in the image but in the skin you use.
    • Sehr geachtet hgdo,

Zunächst möchte ich mich bei dir für diese großartige Antwort bedanken. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, aber ich versuche ein paar Worte zu schreiben, weil du es dir verdienst hat. Dann würde ich natürlich sagen, dass es sehr schön ist, eine gültige und schnelle Unterstützung dafür zu erhalten, wenn man so viel für einen Empfänger bezahlt. Komplimente dazu!

Dann:

# 1. When you are in the Movie Archive (recorded list) this option is not in the menu. In Movie Archive you first have to push 'yellow' (select mode (off)) and then it is in the menu. Would be better to have it as one of the color options available right away when in the Movie Archive.

# 2. It was because of receiver malfunctioning. Sorry. It did not happen again. Hence, SOLVED.

# 3. I've already activated TimeShift. Let me rephrase it. A timer recording has started for about 10 minutes on a channel that you are not watching right now. Zapping you come in this channel and notice it's being recorded. At this point you are not able to time-shift back to the beginning of the recording, only to the moment you zapped into this channel. It is therefore not possible to watch the movie from the beginning from there. You need to go to the Movie Archive first and start the movie from there. It would be handy, since the recording was already started, to be able to time-shift back to the beginning of the movie right away, without having to go to Movie Archive first.

# 4. I need to explore more this functionality. We can mark it as SOLVED.

# 5. Using a universal remote, the timer button was not available, hence my question. Sorry. I could however learn it to the universal remote and it works quite fine now. SOLVED.

# 6. I understand. I guess this is a functionality lost in comparison with my previous receiver. But also many gained! SOLVED.

# 7/8. Yes press first 'exit' then stop, it works but then you are out of the Movie Archive. It happens a lot that, by checking which movies you can delete you start a movie and get back to the Movie Archive. It then would be handy to delete/stop it even if it is still playing. Now you are not allowed to delete it as long as it still is playing and you are not allowed to stop it if you are still in the Movie Archive. So first you need to go out of the Movie Archive, then stop the paying movie, the go back in the Movie Archive, search for the movie that was just playing and delete it. It would be handier if you could delete it right away from the Movie Archive without having to first get out, stop it ang get back again. I understand, if I change the behavior in Begin/End of playback (2/6) that by stopping a recording it then asks you if you want to delete it or keep it, but when I'm watching movie I like, if I stop it, go back to select another, so I would rather not have this question every time. Instead I would like the option to delete a movie from within Movie Archive regardless if it still playing or not.

Is the same when you are in your favorites (bouquets), you are able to start a recording on a channel from there, but are not able to stop a recording. You first need to get out of favorites.

# 9. I know that I can use the OK button instead. Oh well I guess I will have to get used to it. We can say it is SOLVED.

# 10. I don't remember what it is I was thinking of, but you're obviously right. SOLVED.

# 11. It's a pity. I was quite used to it. Well I guess I'll have to get used to the new way of FF and RW. Regarded as SOLVED.

# 12. It's a pity. Why would it not be possible? See also # 7/8.

# 13/14. OK, so the functionality is in place. I only need to get to know it. My consideration were made in regard on how my previous receiver was working. I understand it is not possible to change things, but at least you should be able to address the buttons yourself. There are so many options in the menu, why not for this. My universal remote has a touchscreen num-pad, therefore I rather not use number-buttons.

# 15. That's what I meant. With the recorded movies stopped, in the Movie Archive, having this kind of options in the color buttons instead having to go into the menu.

# 16. I understand it's already established, but it would be nice to address other buttons for that (like #15). I find the red button nicer to work with and due to the touchscreen num-pad on my universal remote I rather not use numbers (see also #13/14). Can you make it by default as you want it and give the user the opportunity to change the buttons in the menu?

# 17. I understand it's not possible then to implement this in the tv-GUI? I checked with the PC but I cannot move one channel or list item to another folder. For example; I have WELT in my 'German'-folder but I want to move it to my 'Docus'-folder. In the PC I can, same as the tv-GUI, only move them within a folder, not from one folder to another. I have to add a new listing in the new folder and remove the old one from the old folder. Maybe I don't get it and it is possible after all, in which case I like to know how.

# 18. Some times I'm looking in some menu or have the list of bouquets (favorites) open or am looking in the Movie Archive when suddenly I want to go and switch the receiver off. I can't switch it off right away, I first need to go out from whatever screen/menu I'm in, in order to be able to switch the receiver off. It would be nicer if the user can switch it off whenever he pleases. I guess, together with #7/8, that I've experienced too many red crosses and blue hands telling me that I cannot do stuff. I should be able to switch it off when I want, regardless what it's doing. The recordings will still take place till they've ended, then the receiver switches off (or better to standby). This last is already implemented by the way.

# 19. Clear on this. I've to address the skin-creator for this. BTW, which skin are you advising?

I'm very grateful for the reply and am looking forward to the next reply. I've been using an old Topfield for more than 20 years but had to change it due to the HD channels disappearing bit by bit. It's complete new to me and the VU+ is a worthy successor to the Topfield, which by the way was of good quality then but isn't any more these days if you would buy a new one.
      This VU+ receiver has a lot of new options, really a lot, but has a few functionality less what I was very used to.
      In this forum several have been addressed and hopefully more will follow in a new update.

I've also added a new post as I'm experiencing two issues that can be hardware-related (tuner, CI, …) or software-related (VTI image, newest VTI update, skin, …). I hope to see there the same spirit I found here.

Many thanks again. :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Anabozzo ()

• This is not an official VU+support forum, just a private forum dealing with VU+. And its about a private firmware project (based mostly on the original image)->VTI
      So there is no one responsible to take care about your support request, which is mostly related to limited knowledge of the VTI software.
      So please start reading the Wiki and the Solo² manual bei Nik (German only, but suitable for all VU+-receivers).
      ACHTUNG!!!! Hier folgt eine Signatur:

Die Benutzung der Suche ist NICHT verboten! D:

"Hilfe!!!" ist kein sinnvoller Titel für einen neuen Thread, ebensowenig "VU+Zero" oder vergleichbares.

Keine Hilfe ohne ausgefülltes Profil!
      Kein Netzwerksupport bei manueller IP-Adress-Vergabe :-)
      Kein Support bei portforwardings/ Portfreigaben

Profil extra angepasst für die arme Emma, die sonst nichts im Leben hat :happy1: