H264 4K 60FPS NOK on Ultimo 4K but OK on Amiko Viper 4K

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• H264 4K 60FPS NOK on Ultimo 4K but OK on Amiko Viper 4K

Hello, the title says it all!
    I'm trying to play a 4K 60FPS H264 file on my very expensive Ultimo 4K and I only get a black screen with audio.
    The same file is opended and read without any problem on my very cheap 4K receiver Amiko Viper 4k using an OpenVix image....
    So it is really a hardware restriction or an image restriction? A missing Codec in Openpli?
    How can such an expensive product miss this kind of file ?

This box is a satellite/cable receiver as well as Amiko Viper 4k!!! but it works fine with it, where is the limitation? Processor? What's the difference between these 2 "satellite/cable receivers" ???

What about the "NEW" Vu+ DUO 4K SE? Is it the same Crap?
    Why would it be worth investing so much money then?
    Thanks
  • Its always a good idea to read the specs before buying electronics and complaining afterwards.
    4K is only supported with hevc/h265, not with h264. This is a hardware limitation of the chip in use and there is no codec to install
    ACHTUNG!!!! Hier folgt eine Signatur:

Die Benutzung der Suche ist NICHT verboten! D:

"Hilfe!!!" ist kein sinnvoller Titel für einen neuen Thread, ebensowenig "VU+Zero" oder vergleichbares.

Keine Hilfe ohne ausgefülltes Profil!
    Kein Netzwerksupport bei manueller IP-Adress-Vergabe :-)
    Kein Support bei portforwardings/ Portfreigaben

Profil extra angepasst für die arme Emma, die sonst nichts im Leben hat :happy1:
  • Thanks for the answer, you are right I should have read more carefully the specs... And for the price of the high end receiver (the most expensive at Vu+) I could have bought 4 Amiko Viper 4k that read with no problem my 4K UHD 60FPS files. Maybe Amiko's chip is too much cheap but seems much more efficient than Ultimo's... And the shame is that it seems to repeat itself even on the latest STB made by VU+: Duo 4K SE.... Why would it be worth spending more than 300€ in a product with an outdated chip that doesn't do half of the work a first price stb does???

I just needed 3 more STB for my house and I think it will never be VU+ again...
  • i know this but all of us are interested in each others experiences with our material and advices are better than ignorance. I'm not complaining just checking facts and perhaps others feel the same as I do. The goal is to avoid people making mistakes in choosing their receiver. I was totally satisfied with my Ultimo 4k as long as I thought it was the top of the top of satellite receivers... I've just changed my mind after trying a low cost receiver using a Hisilicon chip.