Vu+ zero 4k hanging whenever I attempt to delete on NAS any TV program recorded previously on the NAS by the zero 4k receiver

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Vu+ zero 4k hanging whenever I attempt to delete on NAS any TV program recorded previously on the NAS by the zero 4k receiver

Equipment setup:
      vu+ zero 4k DVB-T2, running VTi 14.0.5 and recently also VTi 14.0.6
      NAS: WD My Cloud EX2, running the latest FW ver.
      home LAN: built around a small Ubiquity router ER-X interconnects the zero 4k with the NAS by Ethernet cable on both sides.

Recording of TV programs by the mentioned zero 4k on the mentioned NAS through the mentioned home LAN interconnection works with no problems, replying of mentioned records from NAS by the zero 4k works successfully as well.
      If one wants to delete any of such records on the NAS from the zero 4k/VTi, this always fails:
      - files of the record on NAS (6 files alltogether) remain intact
      - zero 4k starts to hang until infinit (i.e. until power OFF/ON by the switch on its rear panel):
      - it shows all the time the graphic symbol of ongoing interaction with NAS through Ethernet interface - the flying 1-6 coloured boxes in the upper left corner on display
      - receiver does not respond to any commands from the RCU
      - just the live reception of the TV channel continues, but impossible to control anything (audio volume, channel change, start MENU, ...., NOTHING).

Deleting of the discussed recorded files on the NAS through whatever else works 100% (from PC via wired LAN, from iPad through WiFi access to the wired LAN, ...).

Some idea what might be wrong?
      I mean first of all the main fork:
      - is it a known bug in e.g. VTi14.0.5/VTi14.0.6 ?
      - or
      - could this problem be caused by some improper setting in either zero 4k receiver or in the WD NAS ?
      Thanks.
    • This reeks like a permission problem on the NAS. Most likely the file is either R/O or the user does not have the proper permissions.
    • No, not a bug. I own a number of VU+ boxes (even 2 VU+ Zero 4K) and I can happily record/playback/delete files on both my NAS devices and the PVR-Kit internal HDD.
    • SQL-Database is activated (VTI settings - System) ?
      Which path ?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-253A, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110
    • Thanks mimisiku, just please confirm explicitely that your vu+ boxes run VTi 14.0.5, as mentioned in your profile data; right?

Thanks RickX. I have just the single vu+ box as presented in by entry description.

To mimisiku again:
      Regarding the matter “Permission to NAS”:
      In the NAS for the folder specified in zero 4k for recording, I have in the configuration section “Profile of shared folder” preset the attribute Public = Yes.
      Also, in settings of the vu+ box, there was not any need to configure any user/password.
      Having this configuration, record and reply works correct.
      Do you thing that changing to access through specified User can help?
    • In fact they are running 14.0.6 now (but started at 11.0.3 years ago). NAS (in my case) needed a specified fixed IP of the boxes. They are Netgear ReadyNAS... Maybe a glance at my setup may help you..
      Bilder
      • IMG_1122.PNG

298,67 kB, 1.536×2.048, 8 mal angesehen

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von mimisiku ()

• To check permissions you can try to set a marker while watching a recording. this will create a filename.cuts if the rights are ok, otherwise it wont work
      ACHTUNG!!!! Hier folgt eine Signatur:

Die Benutzung der Suche ist NICHT verboten! D:

"Hilfe!!!" ist kein sinnvoller Titel für einen neuen Thread, ebensowenig "VU+Zero" oder vergleichbares.

Keine Hilfe ohne ausgefülltes Profil!
      Kein Netzwerksupport bei manueller IP-Adress-Vergabe :-)
      Kein Support bei portforwardings/ Portfreigaben

Profil extra angepasst für die arme Emma, die sonst nichts im Leben hat :happy1:
    • To mimisiku: I use fixed IP addresses for both: zero 4k receiver and for the NAS as well.
      I thing that 99% the problem is above IP/MAC layers of the mutual connection of the two boxes.

Settings in my NAS look quite different compared to yours, so I will need some time to investigate this.
      However, I will try to reorganize the mutual connection to the one requiring User+Password on vu+ box side when it interacts to NAS; possibly, the specific NAS is “hardcoded” in a way, that any remote access as “Public” excludes remote deleting ...
      The main obstacle for me would be to find such User+Password settings on the side of vu+ receiver.

To GaborDenes:
      My vu+zero 4k receiver creates always 6 files as a result of recording a TV program to my NAS and a file with extension “.cuts“ is always one of them.