Which receiver to buy? Ultimo 4k or Duo 4k?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Which receiver to buy? Ultimo 4k or Duo 4k?

Hello everyone,

Can i ask you for your opinion in the hope it will enable me to finalise my decision to upgrade our receiver please?

My family are getting a little fed up that i still cannot decide which to buy and our current Xtrend has been having too many issues for a while now.

Please can i ask the following if it is not too much trouble...

Between the VU+ Ultimo 4k and the VU+ Duo 4k which has the best picture quality?
      I ask this because we are really looking for the receiver that offers us the cleanest and most crisp HD image and great SD quality also.

Our Xtrend 9200 has offered us high quality in both.

How fast are these receivers to boot up/ which of the two is faster, if any?

Can my family use the iptv service that we use on these receivers or will there be issues?

Finally, i am just concerned reading many posts across the various forums about VU+ not updating the drivers and many images stopping development of their images
      for these receivers. My wife and i are worried in case this will cause issues using the receiver for satellite and iptv viewing as well as media files playback ( those that are playable before having to convert the format).

I was going to buy a ZGemma H7s due to the ability to play a large range of video file formats but both my wife and i love the quality of the VU+ boxes although we have never owned one. I have decided that in the event a movie file will not play then i will use a file converter instead.

Your experience and knowledge would help us so much if you are able to help us to decide so that i can place an order in the hope we can receive it this week.

Thanks again for if you are able to help us.
    • The current 4k boxes all have the same picture quality. They are all covered with the ongoing updates. There is no difference betwwen the 4k boxes.

You won't notice differences in the bootup speed of Ultimo 4k, Duo 4k, Uno 4k SE, or Uno 4k.

As we don't know which IPTV services you use we can't tell you, if they work...
    • Another question we have is to do with the remote.
      We've noticed there is no 'info' button so what button replaces this?
      For example in order to utilize the IMDB plugin when viewing a movie on a channel
      you select the info button to get the movie description. In addition, the info button is
      required when using the Mediaportal plugin. What is the procedure to replace the info button here?