Halloo. Just Bought Duo2 with VTI image

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Halloo. Just Bought Duo2 with VTI image

Halloall I just bought this little box ;), and it comes with VTI image preloaded...

Iwas reading a bit in forum, but wanted to ask you if someone can give me anudge (before it arrives) in the right direction...

So,my goal is to have two streams on my Android TV-s and to watch on the GO as I travela lot, (I have legal subscription for Cable TV (DVBC) and Terrestrial (DVBTuntil summer next year when I have to change to DVB-T2 tuner card) ....

DVB-Cuses CI+, but card is not locked to CI+ module... If I want to share it betweentwo internal Tuners... I must use SoftCam? Which one would you recommend thatis simple to use and has high success rate?
      Thesame question for DVB-T/T2 ?

As I read here in forum, I should not use my own CI+ module that I use inmy TV, but use smartcard readers and SoftCam?
    • Interesting... the Duo2 ist pretty old (but still ok to use... in fact I have two Duo2 myself...) and not longer for sale from the vendor (at least in Germany).

New VU+ boxes usually come with the "official" image installed on it. As you write your's will have VTi preloaded I guess you bought it used.

Streaming from the box should work right out of the box without anything to setup on the box itself. It's a matter of the client... The question is if your Android TFs have a working streaming client. You will find out...

Descrambling using a CI module has some restrictions. A CI module can descramble only one channel at a time. Thus you could stream only channel to your TVs. The other TVs than can't see any pay TV channels.

Depending on the smartcard it might work without the CI module. In this case you put the card directly into the box's internal reader. To decode channels, you need a software emulating the modul. This software is called SoftCam. Which SoftCam works with your smartcard depends on the smartcard you have. Without knowing which smartcard you have it is not possible to tell which SoftCam will work.

Theres an overview of many smartcard tyes in the wiki: VU+ Wiki - Smartcards.
      You can check if you can find your smartcard here.
    • Tnx

I took Duo2 cose it is enough for my needs. In Croatia there is maybe 2 4K channels (and one is promo). Most are still 720p or 1080p in CableTV and DVBT. One National channel last 8+ year is in Experimental 1080p only when there is some big sport event). Transition to DVBT2 H265 is summer next year. So i think i saved a lot buy going used route (its with 2TB disk). When time comes i can switch to better one.

Thats why i bought 4years ago Top Model Sony Android TV but 1080p not 4K...