Recordings decryption

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Unfortunately, there was no answer to this last response.
      This interests me as well (I do speak some German, but as this is in the English corner, I'll guess I'll write in English).
      I tried the following : record from an encrypted channel on my Dreambox 8000 with OpenPLi, that one allows to record encrypted with the ECMs in it.
      I copied this recording to the VU+ Duo 4K, and I could play back the recording.
      However, the recording is not marked as encrypted, so if I turn the system in standby it does not decrypt it.
      So I wonder if there is any way of telling the system that this particular recording is encrypted.

The reason I would want to do that, is that sometimes I have these recordings on the VU+ Duo4K that cannot be decrypted offline for some reason.
      Those very same recordings can still be played back directly, at least for a couple of hours.
      I hardly use the DB8000 anymore, so I could try using it as some kind of a backup, if the recording on the VU+ does not get decrypted, I could then try the backup copy from that device, and see if it behaves the same way.
    • Menu/VTi/Setup-Timer/Common (5/5) settings:
      Never decrypt while recording CI services = Yes
      Enable descrambling in standby = Yes

Start Movielist, select movie, Key Menu, mark as scrambled.
      Carpe diem!

Skin: CerX FHD | Plugins: TMDb, BacksNcovers, FritzDect, AutoShredder, PluginMover | EPG: GraphMultiEPG | ... [Alle anzeigen]

Vu+ Wiki
    • schomi schrieb:

Menu/VTi/Setup-Timer/Common (5/5) settings:
      Never decrypt while recording CI services = Yes
      Enable descrambling in standby = Yes

Start Movielist, select movie, Key Menu, mark as scrambled.
      I can't find that "Mark as scrambled" option, even when changing those options.
      I did some experiments, I think the system knows it is encrypted or not by looking at the last part of the <name of the recording>.META file.
      If it sees a 0 there, it believes the recording is already decrypted (or was FTA from the start).
      So I will compare it with the META file my DB8000 produces.
      I suspect the format is slightly different, and therefore the VU+ does not recognise the file as encrypted.
    • Sample meta encrypted:

Quellcode

1. 1:0:19:2B66:3F3:1:C00000:0:0:0:
      2. Systemsprenger (2019)
      3. Drama, D, 2019
      4. 1621275300
      5. Prime-Time-Planer
      6. 648014400
      7. 14565457920
      8. f:0,c:0017de,c:0217f2,c:0317de,c:0417ea,c:050001,c:090000
      9. 1
      Carpe diem!

Skin: CerX FHD | Plugins: TMDb, BacksNcovers, FritzDect, AutoShredder, PluginMover | EPG: GraphMultiEPG | ... [Alle anzeigen]

Vu+ Wiki
    • I did a test with the OpenPLi, it looks different, it adds the number 188 before the final 1, and there is one number missing.
      If I copy the meta and the .TS as it comes from OpenPLi to VTI, VTI does not see the file as encrypted, but it DOES play it if you play directly from the Movies menu.
      If you put the machine in standby it does not try to do the offline decrypting.
      If you remove the 188 line, and go to the Movies menu, it does put the lock sign next to the recording, so now it correctly knows that this recording is encrypted.
      It still plays correctly on the VU+ if you play it from the Movies menu.
      If you put the machine in standby, it does now see the recording as encrypted, and it tries to start the process, which you can see from the display where the red REC icon flashes for a couple of seconds.
      However, the decryption fails, and after a short time it tries again and again.

Actually, this is exactly the same phenomenom I have seen on my VU+ when using the offline decryption and I posted here earlier (in German), but noone was able to solve this.
      So there is something in those recordings that fail to decrypt offline, that makes the decryption fail time and again, but the recording is still good enough for the movie player to decrypt it correctly, that means that the keys not have changed yet, and should not be the issue.

So I assume that when this situation occurs there is something wrong with the .META file (I don't know the meaning of all of those extra hex numbers, the first one is obviously the number of the service it was recorded from.
      It could also be that there is something within the .TS file itself that makes it not want to decrypt it offline, but does not have an issue to encrypt online.

Also, I wonder, does it do anything with the name of the service?
      I changed the name of the service in the user interface so it would be clear if it was coming from Satellite or from Cable.
      Could it be that VTI does a check to see if the filename matches the real service name as it is being broadcast?
    • boulder schrieb:

Could it be that VTI does a check to see if the filename matches the real service name as it is being broadcast?
      I don't know.

Maybe another entry in the file ".scrambled_video_list" is blocking the encryption.
      If not I have no clue what else to do.
      Carpe diem!

Vu+ Wiki
    • No, it only contained the very name of the file I wanted to decrypt.
      But maybe the problem is in the numbers that represent the time of the recording, those seem to be 0 on OpenPLi.
      If I open the file on the VU+ it adapts those numbers, but maybe they don't correspond with what is in the file itself.
      The file may indicate a very long timespan, which does not correspond to the real length of the recording.
      I think it is probably something like that, that keeps is from decrypting.
      It seems that if you play the recording from the Movies list, the system reacts differently and ignores the error.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von hgdo ()

• Meanwhile I did some research with OpenPLi 8.1.
      I am not sure that the issue is the same as it is here in VTI, I would have to reinstall VTI to verify.
      But there the issue seems to be a kind of conflict between the Common Interface Assignment plugin and the offline decoding.
      Uninstalling the Common Interface Assignments -with all of the drawbacks that come with this- did make the offline decoding work.
    • In VTI offline deciding for Softcam is not available and also not necessary, as Softcams can decrypt several stations/channels at the same time.
      I doubt that OpenPLI ist different
      ACHTUNG!!!! Hier folgt eine Signatur:

Die Benutzung der Suche ist NICHT verboten! D:

"Hilfe!!!" ist kein sinnvoller Titel für einen neuen Thread, ebensowenig "VU+Zero" oder vergleichbares.

Keine Hilfe ohne ausgefülltes Profil!
      Kein Netzwerksupport bei manueller IP-Adress-Vergabe :-)
      Kein Support bei portforwardings/ Portfreigaben

Profil extra angepasst für die arme Emma, die sonst nichts im Leben hat :happy1:
    • You did not understand correctly.
      I am not using the softcam to do offline decoding, but the module itself.
      I was just checking if installing a softcam will cause problems with the offline decoding (using the module).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von hgdo ()