Duo4k and *.avi files

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Duo4k and *.avi files

Hi all, and sorry for english.

I've bought a DUO4k two months ago.

The box is working fine but i've got a problem playing *.avi files.

I've got an ULTIMO4k, two SOLO4k and a DUO2 (the older) too, and in these boxes I can play any *.avi file with no problem.

But in the DUO4k, any file that I want to play, only the sound is heard but the image is black. This happens with any * .avi file, old or new, that I want to play.....black screen with sound. With any other file type (MKV, MP4, Divx.....), I have no problem

As I've said before, these same files I can reproduce perfectly in any other of the boxes I've got (ULTIMO4k, SOLO4K & DUO2) so i think the problem is in the DUO4k.

What can I do to fix this problem? Have I to install any codec?

Thanks and sorry for english again.

Regards.

;)
      Music Is The Best
    • Hardware support for some (older) codecs was dropped for the Duo4k and this was already reported before the Duo4k came out. So probably this is what happened now to you.

In my opinion your only option is to re-encode your avis to state-of-the-art codecs like H264 (pref. mp4 or mkv container), other than that they will not run on your Duo4k since there is no possibility to "install" codecs if I am not mistaken.