Cant flash the Duo2

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Cant flash the Duo2

I have Duo2 which has the original factory image called "experimental 2013". I tried to flash it with another image like openpli but it didnt work. I placed vuplus folder unzipped in a 2GB flash formatted with Fat32 in the USB opening in front of the box and turned on the power switch in the back which was off then waited for the front panel to give me a signal to turn on the front power button but nothing happened. The front panel actually doens show anything at any time. I didnt get anything to indicate that the box has read the flash. I used different flashes in the back USB slots but still the front panel didnt indicate anything. Anyone knows what could be the problem. What is the Experimental factory image? does it prevent the box from being flashed?
    • You should try differnt usb sticks, where you´ve got the image from?
      try this one to flash Duo2 VTI Image
      on the stick you should got the folder called vuplus,
      good luck :thumbup:
    • No that didnt work neither. All images failed the same way. I changed different flashes with no use. I even used a plug in called automatic backup which can restore an image but the restoring process was interrupted and nothing happened. Is there anything in the settings that makes a difference in the process?
    • unplug your LAN cable and remove the hdd and try again, i don´t have another idea, but i´m sure a Mod got one ;)
    • Shouldn't the USB pirt on the back be used for flashing? During flash no other USB device should be connected to the VU+ Duo 2.
    • It is very important to follow the steps from the Wiki 100% exactly.

Check the following
      • Did you download the exact image?
      • Did you unzip the file correctly?
      • Is the directory structure on the stick correct?
      The process is tricky and doesn‘t allow the slightest error...

Could you do a screen snapshot of the content of your USB stick, showing the folder structure and the files?
    • Unfortunately a VU+ is not a dreambox.. At least they have 3 ways to flash... If the USB is faulty you are in big trouble!
      I know, it's a bit OT but I own multiple VU+ receivers and dreamboxes..
    • mimisiku schrieb:

Shouldn't the USB pirt on the back be used for flashing? During flash no other USB device should be connected to the VU+ Duo 2.
      USB Port doesn't matter, also other USB devices are normally no problem. (But when habving problems disconnecting them is worth a try)
      Also the USB Port being faulty is very unlikely (OK I managed to kill the USB Ports on my old Duo, but that was because of a bad power supply of an external hard drive bay)

What I not entirlely understand: is the current 2013 image still booting? Because you say front panel shows nothing, it should show something when booting the old image.
      If not (but you have output on HDMI) then maybe the front display/panel is broken or the cable got disconnected.
      Docendo Discimus
      KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Clemens ()

• ronaldze schrieb:

unplug your LAN cable and remove the hdd and try again, i don´t have another idea, but i´m sure a Mod got one ;)
      I unplugged everything. no use.

RickX schrieb:

It is very important to follow the steps from the Wiki 100% exactly.

Check the following
      • Did you download the exact image?
      • Did you unzip the file correctly?
      • Is the directory structure on the stick correct?
      The process is tricky and doesn‘t allow the slightest error...

Could you do a screen snapshot of the content of your USB stick, showing the folder structure and the files?
      This is the file structure on the flash. no matter what image I use no good.

Folder structure.jpg

Clemens schrieb:

What I not entirlely understand: is the current 2013 image still booting? Because you say front panel shows nothing, it should show something when booting the old image.
      If not (but you have output on HDMI) then maybe the front display/panel is broken or the cable got disconnected.
      The image is till booting off course or the box will be dead. Still nothing shown in the front panel when booting or at any time. This is a shot of the motherboard. the cable is not disconnected. I never opened the box before or had it repaired so nobody disconnected the cable before. In this case the front panel is defective right?

However, if I try to load the image through another way, which is by using the plugin "automatic full backup" This doesnt succeed neither (pic 2) When I try to load the image from its location on the HDD the process doesnt proceed. What is the secret?
      Dateien
      • Motherboard.jpg

(4,17 MB, 12 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
      • AFB.jpg

(2,72 MB, 19 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von hgdo ()