Uno 4k VTi 13-0-12 problem with recording on Synology NAS

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Uno 4k VTi 13-0-12 problem with recording on Synology NAS

Hi,

When I set remote HDD via NFS on my Synology NAS serwer in LAN the recordings have problems when I try to play them. The issue is in about each 2-3 minutes of the recording the videa is frozen for 0,5 - 1 sec. and then plays again but forwarded by 3-5 seconds. I know that it is the VTi image issue because now I was forced to flash with Open PLi and everything is working correctly with recording/playing at all.

This is definitely bug in the image and so annoying I can't come back to VTi now that I love.
    • I did test with USB drive connected directly to STB and it is the same issue so for sure VTi image problem
    • Hmm don't think so, before in the previous VTi releases I didn't have such issue, it started i think 3-6 months ago ? I upgraded software regularly.
      BTW if on Open PLi I don't have any issues it is not box/hardware problem so the hypothesis like other user don't have problem is like i would hear myself when I was yang administrator of the network replaying to user request that something is not working correctly, you know what my answer was ? : strange but on my computer everything is working correctly and for other users as well ... ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von augusrad ()

• ... and if other VTi users don‘t have such issues it‘s probably a problem with your box, your settings or your network.
      ✂ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Dumm wird man nicht, dumm bleibt man
    • To be professional if you want to help me please advice how to check that it is a problem of my box, network and so on, and please answer my one question : why when I flash my box with Open PLi there is no such problem with network, recordings box and so on ? I did simple test I just changed software from VTi to Open PLi and on VTi I have problem while not changing anything except software to Open PLi the is not problem with recording. Please answer this question and provide me explanation.
    • Are the recordings made with OpenPli or VTi?
      Do you have a CI-module in your box?

There exists a problem with recordings if the meta-file of other images is not compatible with VTi (in conjunction with the CI-Module).
      Try to play the recording without the module or without the meta-file.
    • HI, when I record with VTi tere is a problem, with Open PLi there is no problem.
      I don't have CI module in this box, I will flash again with VTi and observe again, i can share recorded file with you. What is more important if I download file to my MAC and used deferent player to open it it have the same issue, can be opened and played but there is freeze of picture for few seconds and then movie skipping by next 2-5 sec. this mean for me that either NAS had or VU+ box have a problem with writing. To exclude one of them i fleshed VU+ box with Open PLi 6.2 and no problem with smooth playing recorded videos = no problem with writing on NAS as I didn't change any configuration on NAS side and use the same share.
    • maybe that the problems depends on using NFS or CIFS

You use NFS, right?
      Have you made test by using CIFS?

Do all other users without problems also use NFS or do they use CIFS?
    • I can't mount the sam share via CIFS ... dont know why.
      Who know how to enable jumbo frames on VU+ ? I found this hint

change it in the file /etc/network/interfaces - put the following line to the used interface (f.e. eth0) :
      post-up ifconfig eth0 mtu 9000

somebody tested it ? or may have other how to manual ?
    • Hi I tested CIFS and it is same issue, something is wrong with VTi, I even changed MTU size to 9000 Jumbo Fram and on the Synology side I have the same configuration for MTU.
      Any other ideas what I can check ?
    • I can´t help you with the VTI in detail because I use openPLI
    • augusrad schrieb:

I can't mount the sam share via CIFS
      The Cifs-mounts are shown with VTI-Networkbrowser ?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-253A, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110
    • I have been able to mount CIFS but using CIFS I have the same issue like for NFS so it is not problem of protocol I use.
      What is important the same isse is if I use external USB to record something te lags are shorter but still video freeze for while

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von augusrad ()

• augusrad schrieb:

What is important the same isse is if I use external USB to record something
      Means you have a general problem with recordings - not only to your NAS ?

After flashing VTI you've done the latest online updates ?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-253A, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110
    • I think so, let me do again test with usb as recording place. If on USB is the same it seems it is not problem of network and/or NAS
      Yesterday I disabled Jumbo Frame 9000 MTU on NAS (have standard MTA 1500 on 2x1GB aggregation link), disabled support of Jumbo Frame on switch and on VU+ UNO 4K box.
      This not helped.

For VTI I always have newest updates so yes latest updates are installed.
      Today evening I will do the tests with few usb flash drives and come back to you.

Thx for your time and support