Remote Control Actions Freezing

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Remote Control Actions Freezing

The Duo2 box reaction to the Remote Control is REGULARLY FREEZING.
      While it's actually Freezing, there's a turning circle in the top left of the screen.

It can sometimes happen up to several times a minute and can last for 5 to 30 seconds or more .. darned ANNOYING!!
      The remote key stroke ARE actually buffered, so when the box unfreezes, they are then carried out.

Does anyone know WHY it's happening and any way of STOPPING it?
    • When the spinner appears, the box is either trying to access a unreachable network ressource or the system is busy.

Normally this does not have anything to do with the remote control.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von hanswurst1977 () aus folgendem Grund: Doppelpost entfernt!

• The turning circle is the so called „spinner“.

The system displays the spinner when it tries to access a Ressource which is not available or not answering.
      These are usually network ressources, e.g. network connect file systems (NAS folders...), information from web pages like weather information etc.

You need to find out which ressource is not available, It is probably something you configured or a plugin you installed ...

It may help to switch on the debug log. The debug log probably shows what the system tries to do when it starts the spinner.
    • Thanks for your response but I still cannot find where I set the debug log

If I go to Menu I have the options:- (No VTI)
      * XtreamTV
      * XCplugin
      * Timer
      * Information
      * Plugins
      * Setup
      * Standby/restart

If I then select Setup I have the options:-
      * System
      * Service searching
      * Softcam/CI
      * Parental Control
      * Factory reset
      * Software Upgrade

If I then choose System there are 24 options starting with A/V setting and ending with FanControl2

I can find no-where anything relating to debug log

I would appreciate any help possible because this freezing with the spinning wheel is VERY frustrating.

btw apart from the Xtreme Editor, I have no plugin's other than those that came originally with the system.'

I've always occasionally seen the spinning wheel .. but seldom .. now it's often there up to 30-50% of the time.
    • The biggest problem with having a VU+ receiver is ALL support info is in German..
      I assume the VTi is an effective "OS", however I don't see what it does ..
      Is it an overlay on te Enigma ?
      Does it replace it ?
      How is it installed ?
      What happens to all other settings ? bouquets etc
      Can the Xtream / Editor still be used ..

I don't see any info at all on those issues even in German .. or it's buried somewhere I can't find.
    • Thank you ... but I don't really see anything except in German, and even then I don't really see a SIMPLE explanation of WHAT the VTi project is.. even in German.

However, going back to the original reason for this thread...

I somehow need to find out WHAT the VU+ Duo2 is doing when the wheel is spinning and freezing all actions of the remote (and how to stop it).
      Apart from the Xtream Editor, there is no other plugin than the standard delivered, and except for Media Player and Cool TV Guide I've never knowingly used any of them.
      If it was only just now and then it wasn't a problem, however it's a LARGE percentage of the time.. several times a minute duration 5-30 seconds.

If someone can help I'd REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von RoaminNL ()

• The VTI-Image is a firmware for your Duo2, based on Enigma2 with own additions.
      It completely replaces the original firmware delivered by the manufacturer.

There are some other alternative images like VTI available for Duo2, e.g. OpenPLI or OpenATV.
      However, as this forum here is the "home of VTI", you can get a lot of information regarding VTI here, but not so much for the other images. You'd need to check their forums if you're interested.

I have two Duo2 boxes for some years now, both of them running VTI without any problems. In fact it is very stable.

If you have freezers and the spinner is running, this most likely is caused by network ressources which are not available.
      To do some diagnostics you could activate the debug logging in the VTI system settings. After the freezer happened, you can check the debug log file to find out, what the box was doing at the time and what it was waiting for.