VU+ Uno 4K HDMI output is freezing

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• VU+ Uno 4K HDMI output is freezing

Hi all,

My VU+ UNO 4K seems to be freezing after some time, and I am unable to fix it/find out what is exactly wrong.

I already tried various firmares (VTi, OpenPLi, OpenATV) and they all are having the same problem, which makes me think this is a hardware problem...
      I tried clean firmwares, without plug-in's or CAMs. Just did a scan to receive FTA channels.

The box is freezing after some time (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours or a few days max). The screen goes black, but the box is still reachable via the OpenWebIf. The led also responds to the remote control, but there seems to be no output over HDMI.

Anyone has an idea of what can be wrong with this box? Thanks!
    • @jerm1,

either the box has an error or I'm still on a reception problem and would make an intensive effort to the tuner setting, possibly come here Frequencen (Unicable) in the way?
      Niemand ist perfekt !
    • It is actually a DVB-C tuner (FBC)

Unicable is something sat-related right?

If I am not mistaken, the tuner still works, as I can stream over the webinterface (will double check this later)

It seems like just the HDMI output is failing
    • @jerm1,

was there a lightning strike near here recently?
      Then it would be a case for home insurance!
      Niemand ist perfekt !
    • I did not encounter any lightning or power problems before the problem occured.

But maybe I can try another power supply! Did not try that yet.

BTW, after turning the VU+ off and on, it works perfectly immediately

Btw I bought this box used, and I only used it as a recording device, connected to a NAS (not connected to a TV). I only had it connected for short time to set it up.

I only found out this problem later, when the box was connected to a TV for a longer time.
    • I would probably try it with another HDMI cable, I can recommend certified HDMI cable from Omar
      Niemand ist perfekt !
    • I would now give the Uno4K for repair to the seller, I suspect now a fault on the hardware on the motherboard, I hope you still have warranty on the VU +.
      Niemand ist perfekt !
    • as far as I know, unfortunately no. I would ask our board sponsor hm-sat via e-mail if he is willing to do something. In the mail, I would send a photo of the serial number of the device. hm-sat is very accommodating, of course you have to pay the costs of a possible repair.
      Niemand ist perfekt !