Transcoding not working okay while watching HD channel on VuPlus Solo 4K

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Transcoding not working okay while watching HD channel on VuPlus Solo 4K

I am new to VUplus world.
      I bought VUPlus Solo 4K.

I watch an HD channel on the TV ( HDMI to Solo 4k ) , and at the same time the same program is trans-coded and streamed over port 8002. I use bitrate 1500000 and 720p to keep the network BW needed low. This does not work okay, time to time the Solo 4K experiences hiccups, I can see TV picture breaking up into squares and trans-coded stream breaks. Seems this is a performance problem ( does not have anything to do with network ) of the Solo 4K. When I use port 8001 ( direct streaming ) it works fine, but network BW needed is too high. Seems this direct streaming does not utilize the Solo 4K so much and the box is capable of doing it. But because I need to keep the network utilization low, I would need to use trans-coded stream which does not work okay due a sort of Solo 4K limitation.

Does anyone know what is a cause of it - is it Solo 4K performance limit and I cannot do anything, or can SW be tuned so that this works.

I tried two VTI images - 11.0.2 and 13.0.0, but the same with both.

Thx.
    • When Solo4K is not in standby while transcoding, it uses default parameters for bandwidth etc, (at least it did in VTI11), no matter how you configure transcoding.
      ACHTUNG!!!! Hier folgt eine Signatur:

Die Benutzung der Suche ist NICHT verboten! D:

"Hilfe!!!" ist kein sinnvoller Titel für einen neuen Thread, ebensowenig "VU+Zero" oder vergleichbares.

Keine Hilfe ohne ausgefülltes Profil!
      Kein Netzwerksupport bei manueller IP-Adress-Vergabe :-)
      Kein Support bei portforwardings/ Portfreigaben

Profil extra angepasst für die arme Emma, die sonst nichts im Leben hat :happy1:
    • Thanks. That's true. I've changed the default parameters - edited the Python transcoding script hard. It works, I was able to change the default parameters and limit the network utilization to some 2M ( HD stream 10M+ ). I am satisfied with this, but seems the Solo 4K is utilized and not able to cope with two tasks - show the HD picture on the TV and stream transcoded traffic over port 8002. The question is - is this HW limitation of the Solo 4K and nothing can be done to improve, or something can be done and tuned so that it works okay for me.