Ultimo4k (VTI) + dual DVB-S2 FBC + Unicable Inverto Quad + Unicable II 24 SCR - Megasat Diavolo finally works !

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Ultimo4k (VTI) + dual DVB-S2 FBC + Unicable Inverto Quad + Unicable II 24 SCR - Megasat Diavolo finally works !

Since 2 days I'm owner of VU Ultiomo4k tuner. My previous one was VuDuo2 with VTI image on board so I had pretty good experience with VTI thus decided to go with VTI on the new Ultimo4k.

I spend more than one day trying to configure my Ultimo to work with two unicable converters. It is not possible from VTI menu ! VTI creates configuration which makes decored unusable ! I totally locked my device - not single tuner was useable!?
      It is not possible to make it correctly - not possible to connect virtual tunners to the physical ones. For example I'd like to use tuners A, C, E, G for Hotbird 13E with Unicable II and B, D, F, H for Astra 19,2E with Inverto. VTI doesn't allow to connect tuner H to F, only G is accepted! Why?
      There is total mess in 'settings' file (/etc/enigma2/setting)

I used this description: wiki.vuplus-support.org/index.…C3.BCr_zwei_Satpositionen.
      It is totally wrong and not suitable for dual FBC!

The important points to start with configuration are:
      1. dual FBC card has got 8 tunners and 2 LNB inputs, ie. these 8 could be used (N1 + N2) = 8 (where N1 - number of tuners assigned to LNB1 and N2 - number of tuners assigned to LNB2).
      2. each tuner can be assigned to single LNB only, either connected directly to LNB or to another tuner (here wiki description is missleading as it suggest that each tuner could have configuration for LNB1 and LNB2 at the same time)
      My configuration uses:
      1. tuner A connected to physical LNB (upper connector of the physical tuner A)
      2. tuner B connected to physical LNB (bottom connector of the physical tuner A)
      3. tuner C connected to tuner A
      4. tuner D connected to tuner B
      5. tuner E connected to tuner C
      6. tuner F connected to tuner D
      7. tuner G connected to tuner E
      8. tuner H connected to tuner F
      Each virtual tuner is connected to another single tuner in chain (for example G to E, E to C, C to A not G, E,C all together to A).

This is final configuration my Ultimo4k uses and doesn't change when enter the 'Setup' \ 'System Searching' \ 'Tuner configuration'.

Quellcode

1. config.Nims.1.configMode=advanced
      2. config.Nims.1.advanced.sats=192
      3. config.Nims.1.advanced.sat.192.lnb=2
      4. config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.2.lof=unicable
      5. config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrixManufacturer=Inverto
      6. config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.product=IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP
      7. config.Nims.1.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.vco.IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP.0=1210
      8. config.Nims.0.configMode=advanced
      9. config.Nims.0.advanced.sats=130
      10. config.Nims.0.advanced.sat.130.lnb=1
      11. config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50607.0=1210
      12. config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.dictionuser=EN50494
      13. config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50494.0=1210
      14. config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
      15. config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.unicable=unicable_user
      16. config.Nims.3.configMode=advanced
      17. config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=1
      18. config.Nims.3.advanced.unicableconnected=true
      19. config.Nims.3.advanced.sat.192.lnb=2
      20. config.Nims.3.advanced.sats=192
      21. config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.2.lof=unicable
      22. config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrixManufacturer=Inverto
      23. config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.product=IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP
      24. config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.vco.IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP.1=1420
      25. config.Nims.3.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.scr.IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP=2
      26. config.Nims.2.configMode=advanced
      27. config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=0
      28. config.Nims.2.advanced.unicableconnected=true
      29. config.Nims.2.advanced.sat.130.lnb=1
      30. config.Nims.2.advanced.sats=130
      31. config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
      32. config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.dictionuser=EN50494
      33. config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50494.1=1420
      34. config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.satcruserEN50494=2
      35. config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.unicable=unicable_user
      36. config.Nims.2.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50607.1=1420
      37. config.Nims.5.configMode=advanced
      38. config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=3
      39. config.Nims.5.advanced.unicableconnected=true
      40. config.Nims.5.advanced.sat.192.lnb=2
      41. config.Nims.5.advanced.sats=192
      42. config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.2.lof=unicable
      43. config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrixManufacturer=Inverto
      44. config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.product=IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP
      45. config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.vco.IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP.2=1680
      46. config.Nims.5.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.scr.IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP=3
      47. config.Nims.4.configMode=advanced
      48. config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=2
      49. config.Nims.4.advanced.unicableconnected=true
      50. config.Nims.4.advanced.sat.130.lnb=1
      51. config.Nims.4.advanced.sats=130
      52. config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
      53. config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.dictionuser=EN50494
      54. config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50494.2=1680
      55. config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.satcruserEN50494=3
      56. config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.unicable=unicable_user
      57. config.Nims.4.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50607.2=1680
      58. config.Nims.7.configMode=advanced
      59. config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=5
      60. config.Nims.7.advanced.unicableconnected=true
      61. config.Nims.7.advanced.sat.192.lnb=2
      62. config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.2.lof=unicable
      63. config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrixManufacturer=Inverto
      64. config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.product=IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP
      65. config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.vco.IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP.3=2040
      66. config.Nims.7.advanced.lnb.2.unicableMatrix.Inverto.scr.IDLP-UST1O1-CUO1O-4PP=4
      67. config.Nims.6.configMode=advanced
      68. config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnectedTo=4
      69. config.Nims.6.advanced.unicableconnected=true
      70. config.Nims.6.advanced.sat.130.lnb=1
      71. config.Nims.6.advanced.sats=130
      72. config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.lof=unicable
      73. config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.dictionuser=EN50494
      74. config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50494.3=2040
      75. config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50494.4=2040
      76. config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.satcruserEN50494=4
      77. config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.unicable=unicable_user
      78. config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50607.3=2040
      79. config.Nims.6.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50607.4=2040
      Alles anzeigen
      I entered with text editor similar text (not the same one) but once entered 'Setup' \ 'Service Searching' \ 'Tuner configuration' it has been re-ordered, also some lines become added like:

Quellcode

1. config.Nims.0.advanced.lnb.1.satcrvcouserEN50607.0=1210
      My Unicable II works with EN50494 (8 channels) or EN50607 (24 channels), I created configuration using just EN50607 but then VTI has added lines for EN50494. I thought, ok let's switch to EN50494 and replaced all EN50607 entries by EN50494. Upon next restart VTI add EN50607 entries. I don't understand why but as this not hurting my configuration I can live with.

Of course 'setting' file modification needs to be done very carefully. It needs telnet login, then 'init 4' to stop enigma, then edit your 'settings' then 'init 3' to start enigma again.

I don't know if my configuration is strange? Why VTI doesn't care for unicable owners even one year after Ultimo4k's presence on the market? Am I really the first one to face these troubles?
      My lines could be useful for anybody else who will deal with it. I'd really appreciated if someone else wrote something Unicable and FBC about before I started doing my setup.

The issues created by VTI menu are:
      1. Each tuner can have several LNBs attached. This is root cause, most likely, lack of the operation when created configuration from menu. As act of desperation I removed configuration for tuners B .. H, only A left and there was still no signal from dish. When opened 'settings' I found config for LNB1 and LNB2. I found no way to remove LNB2 config from menu - this is why I decided to use 'setting' directly. After a while - I've got a signal.
      2. It is not possible to create connections between tuners. As mentioned previously I wanted G to E, E to C, C to A but VTI doesn't like this and replaced E by d or something else. Why? The rule is pretty simple - if tuner is not referred by any other tuner it should be accessible.
      3. There is some mess with SCR(n) and frequencies. It is possible to use channel SatCR0 for several times with different frequencies. Why? The rule is pretty simple - frequency goes together with channel, frequency is important so what is the point to lock tuner if SCR doesn't match the frequency?
      The lacking feature of the VTI is - clear-out all tuner configuration. I can make it from 'settings' file but it is not simple task.

As I tested just VTI I'm not sure whether described issue is valid for VTI or to Ultimo4k. I assume that it would be VTI responsible.
    • I think it isn't easy for making the menus in a way that every strange configuration is possible to set via the menu.
      Also I have a strange config (I have a MS for 2 satellites, but for of the two I have splitted the high and lowband on two LNBs), and I had to change the satellites.xml for that.

Here you have a Unicable config with 2 Unicable devices (recall me if I'm not correct), and this is rather special. There are Unicable Multiswitches which can handle 2 satellites (which have the advantage that you don't have to set your tuners fix to a satellite as you have to do it, so if you need 7 for sat1 and 1 for sat2 on a certain moment and the other way around on another this works fine). The menu works fine for this (and this corresponds to the settings the wiki describes for 2 satellites), also for most other Unicable devices it goes via the menu, but in special cases you have to dig around a bit.

What I don't understand is why you propose A, C, E, G and B, D, F, H, why not just A,C,D,E and B, F, G, H, seems more natural to the way it is handled normally via the menu (but not sure though if you can set it like this for you config via the menu, I haven't got a STB with FBC Tuner yet)
      Docendo Discimus
      KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Clemens ()

• Ultimo4k (VTI) + dual DVB-S2 FBC + Unicable Inverto Quad + Unicable II 24 SCR - Megasat Diavolo finally works !

I should be easier to configure tuner A, C, D and E for Unicable and then only tuner B for Astra. Tuners F, G and H need no configuration and are automatically used for Astra.

Each Satcr belongs to one frequency. That is defined by the Unicable-Specification.
    • Both my converters are unicable I assumed I need the same configuration made for Hotbird and Astra.

When left any tuner unassigned - it wasn't used at all - even if Tuner configuration page states that these are assigned automatically.
    • No as the config of the wiki supposes only 1 input ("Verbunden" means "connected with", this means in the wiki there is only 1 input connected and Tuner B is internally connected with A. There is only 1 input because they suppose 1 Unicable Matrix which supports 2 Sattelites)
      As I'm I understand correct you have 2 separate Unicable devices (1 for Hotbird, 1 for Astra), you need to set this "Verbunden" to "no" for Tuner A and Tuner B (and set A tuner Astra and B to Hotbird (or vice versa if you connected them differently), and then try to daisy chain C with A, D with C and E with D. Then F with B, G with F and H with G.
      Don't know if you tried this, if not you can try (or just let it like it is if it works for now, if you are from the principle :273: )
      Docendo Discimus
      KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!
    • jedpod schrieb:

Both my converters are unicable I assumed
      Sorry, I've overseen that also the Quad-LNB is Unicable
    • Clemens schrieb:

No as the config of the wiki supposes only 1 input ("Verbunden" means "connected with", this means in the wiki there is only 1 input connected and Tuner B is internally connected with A. There is only 1 input because they suppose 1 Unicable Matrix which supports 2 Sattelites) ..
      I don't speak German so I need to rely on Google translator, it could be that I missed some detail.
      I think that Wiki description isn't precise and part about board with 2 inputs is lacking.
      Unicable does support one satellite only, unless DiSeqC is being used. I haven't tested any DiSeqC so I'm not sure how it works. I use one dish, two unicable converters, two wires and dual FBC board.
      Does Wiki mention any DiSeqC ? If not - description regarding 2 satellites configuration 'Unicable / JESS für zwei Satpositionen' needs to be modified by German speaker.

As I'm I understand correct you have 2 separate Unicable devices (1 for Hotbird, 1 for Astra), you need to set this "Verbunden" to "no" for Tuner A and Tuner B (and set A tuner Astra and B to Hotbird (or vice versa if you connected them differently), and then try to daisy chain C with A, D with C and E with D. Then F with B, G with F and H with G.
      Don't know if you tried this, if not you can try (or just let it like it is if it works for now, if you are from the principle :273: )
      After trying to use description from wiki with menu configuration tool I was not able to get my set operational. Generally you are right, I've tried to make daisy chain as you've described but I've failed, no signal from any converter and tuner. I removed all virtual tuner configuration (for tuners C .. H) - still no success, I removed config for tuner B (Astra) - as previously. That is why I decided to go to 'settings' file directly. After removing whole 'Nims' configuration I was able to get my converter operational. But when started with configuration from menu I've found lacking possibility to create complete daisy chain. I'm not sure if I tested the sequence you've specified but I know for sure that for some reason I couldn't assign H to F - even if such option was visible. This is why I gave up upon menu configuration and completed all with text editor.

My configuration uses upper socket for Hotbird and bottom for Astra. I don't want to use tuner A and tuner B description as board has got only 'tuner A' label for both connectors, I mean label visible on Ultimo4k rear side.
      'Tuner B' is empty slot I don't use. Using the same name for logical, internal tuners and for slots able to keep 2 tuners each is misleading.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von jedpod ()

• JESS supports also 2 satellites on 1 cable (but those multiswitches are more expensive, typically done with 2 wideband LNBs and 4 cables to the multiswitch). This is what is also the configuration described in the wiki, where (virtual) Tuner B is connected to Tuner A (and not to the second input of the first module) because only 1 cable is connected.

Tuner A-H are from the first module, where if I'm not mistaken A and B corresponds to the two inputs (top and bottom) and the others can be connected to one of the two (B can also be connect to A if only 1 cable connected). And it's possible that you have to use subsequent Tuners (so e.g. A, C, D, E and B, F, G, H). I'm sorry I'm not sure, next week I get the Uno 4k SE then I could test a bit if it can be set like that (not sure though if it works because I have a normal non JESS/Unicable system)

If you have a second module it's the same with Tuner I-P (so B doesn't correspond the empty slot, I and J do with bottom and top of the second slot if the second module would be avalailable)

But indeed it can be confusing :)
      Docendo Discimus
      KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Clemens ()

• Good to know. But this JESS variant doesn't apply to my configuration as my converter is supposed to operate with single satellite.

I was searching for some tip on my configuration yesterday so desperately that I've wrongly understood this part:

Wiki schrieb:

Anschluss:
      • Kabel an Tuner A
      • Kabel an Tuner I

I've just noticed 2 cables so I've tried to use the described procedure for my dual board.
      Maybe it would be more clear if it would be Slot A and Slot B instead of tuner A ?
      I really don't like this approach to name device's slots with Tuner A, Tuner B and Tuner C whilst internally these labels are referring something else.
    • Yeah that part was for a jess config with 2 modules, because when you have both tuner slots occupied they cannot share their signals. I also would prefer when they would distinguish between inputs and demodulators and wheir you could assign demodulators to the inputs (for jess to bottom or top and for normal multiswitches both depending on need) instead of this approach where a tuner is sometimes an input and sometimes a demodulator, depending if the bottom slot has a cable connected or not.
      Docendo Discimus
      KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!
    • Clemens schrieb:

I think it isn't easy for making the menus in a way that every strange configuration is possible to set via the menu.
      Just thought - why to start with tuner configuration? What is the point to set LNB inputs together with the tuner?

I think it could be pretty simple if, as the first choice, we would have just LNBs to configure. For example in my case I would expect possibility to select:
      1. LNB 1: Slot A / upper - Hotbird, no DiSeqC, unicable converter type 'Inverto Quad', LOF/L + LOF/H + threshold
      2. LNB 2: Slot A / bottom - Astra, no DiSeqC, unicable converter type 'User defined EN50607 (JESS)', LOF/L + LOF/H + threshold
      It would be perfect to have option to define 'User defined' converter here and to select frequency by referencing SCR number in the next stage also for 'user defined' converter. But this is feature 'nice to have' not really required.

Then 8 tuners to set:
      1. Tuner A - connected to (LNB 1), priority 1, SCR.0 (=1210)
      2. Tuner B - connected to (LNB 2), priority 1, 1210
      3. Tuner C - connected to Tuner A, priority 2, SCR.1 (=1420)
      4. Tuner D - connected to Tuner B, priority 2, 1420
      5. Tuner E - connected to Tuner C, priority 3, SCR.2 (=1680)
      6. Tuner F - connected to Tuner D, priority 3, 1680
      7. Tuner G - connected to Tuner E, priority 4, SCR.3 (=2040)
      8. Tuner H - connected to Tuner F, priority 4, 2040

The point is - with tuner configuration select just input signal source and frequency (or SCR number) and priority all other choices are confusing and misleading.
      This would make unicable configuration pretty intuitive.
      This could be profitable for DiSeqC application as well. Just list of LNBs would be longer. Number of LNBs should be determined with DiSeqC variant.
      Huge list of spare parameters is overwhelming and leads to wrong configuration and lockout of the signal reception.
      1. Why to ask for satellite for each tuner separately? For unicable without DiSeqC it is pointless.
      2. Why to ask for DiSeqC? It is valid choice for tuner attached to physical LNB for other tuners it is pointless.
      3. Why ask for LOF/L + LOF/H + threshold at each tuner, if I understood well this is option valid for physical converter only
      4. Why I can select SCR number which is already used by another tuner?
      5. Why I cannot select source of signal from any not used sources?

I think choice the user makes upon physical input configuration (part with LNB definition above) would make several configuration points on Tuner definition not active.
      • Unicable present - SCR.(N) selection enabled
      • No Unicable - SCR.(N) selection disabled

Probably the unicable converters aren't popular now but Ultimo4k can use them correctly and it is a pity that configuration process is so unclear.
    • You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble and time if you had asked around here before you started your trial and error routine. Now many things have been explained to you (some several times) but you still don't seem to get half of it.

The process of configuring the tuners can be a timeconsuming business and I don't claim that it's perfect but a lot of points you raise apply only to your special setup which actually isn't that complex or hard to configure.
      The tuner setup however has to cover all possible configurations not only yours.
      The most annoying thing for me is that you still don't understand that there are plenty of unicable matrixes that support 2 satellites and they have to be configured via LNB 1 and 2. So you can forget about your point number 1.

For your points 2+3: You don't have to change any of those settings imho so I think you can live with just scrolling through them. I'm not sure why you even want to use user defined setup at all. You could just edit the unicable.xml to your needs if your hardware isn't yet included.

4. This would be maybe possible to avoid but I don't think it's worth the trouble either.

5. I'm not even sure what you mean by that. I guess you are talking about connecting tuners e.g. B to D? That has been explained before but maybe you were talking about another issue I don't get?

On the other hand I totally agree with you that it's plain stupid to call the physical tuner slots A,B and C and use the same system for the virtual tuners.
    • My knowledge of sat technique is basic, no doubt but I can't accept that configuration the beginner did using the menu driven tool could lead to permanent 'no signal' without chance to correct by this tool.
      It can't be that started with wrong assumptions I reached the point where the only way to sort it out is through text editor on 'setting' file.

@Satpal
      I can imagine at point 1 to configure DiSeqC commands to control internal switch of dual satellite unicable converter. I really don't know how such dual-satellite unicable converter is operating - I guess there is some switch build-in, right? Don't kill me if I'm wrong.

Point 2 is valid for physical LNB. I don't get why I have such choice visible on each tuner - also the virtual ones.
      For points 2+3 you don't need to change any setting but since there are visible so you could feel invited to play with them, it is confusing and totally not intuitive. It is sufficient to fail with configuration and you would start with digging for elements you can tune, in my case I ended-up with total disaster and not-operational decoder.

Regarding your comment on point 4 - what decoder would do if the same SCR (ie. frequency) is referred twice? If it makes configuration error shouldn't we provide some validation to avoid it?

Regarding point 5 - the idea is similar to the one from point 4. If tuner A is already referred by tuner C, upon tuner E configuration I would like to have choice B or C or D or F or G or H (ie. other tuners not referred yet). Actually the choice is limited (with unknown rule). On the top of it, it happens that even if you select one - the other is used without any warning ( for tuner H I selected F but G has been used instead). Sometimes the same tuner is visible twice. Total mess, I can describe it in other words.

Just to be clear:
      • I completed my configuration and I'm pretty happy with it.
      • Personally I don't need any menu driven tool optimalisation to be done.
      • I just share my experience, results and of course some frustration after spending whole day playing with dozens of useless parameters, without clear description how to get what I've been searching for.
      • I hope my configuration and notes could be interesting for someone doing the same job as myself - to get unicable converter (one satellite) operational.