Transcoding to outside the home network ... HOW ?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• good morning

OK, this is what I did ...

* "Erweitert" view
      * deleted all the existing users under "System"
      * went to "Anmeldung im Heimnetz" tab
      * pressed the "Übernehmen" button and did put the popup code into my telephone = worked/showed "Bestätigt".

now, how do I login with the VPN on my iPhone ? :)
      (I apologize, if I did the whole thing wrongly !)

thanks.
    • hgdo schrieb:

VPN is much better and you don't have to change the IP 192.xxxx in the settigs of the app.

Look here: Setting up a VPN connection to FRITZ!Box in Apple OS iOS (e.g. iPhone) | AVM International

You have followed these steps ?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-253A, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110
    • Yes, I did, and I just did again !

So, now I can log again with the VPN using the new user's login.
      I don't really know why I needed "Anmeldung mit dem FRITZ!Box-Kennwort" ... and had to do those phone code, etc ?!

Anyhow, so I am using the VPN with the new user's login and it works.
      But, there is a problem ... the server (IP) address gets changed by every session or in a couple of sessions.
      So, I basically have to enter the new server address each time or very often ... is it normal ?
      If so, then this wouldn't be very convenient if I am on the go, you know !

Please do let me know where am I perhaps doing it wrong.

Thank you.
    • You need a DynDns (or similar) - Account or you can create a "MyFritz"-Account .

Both will give you an address like f.e. "your_name.dnydns.com" or the myfritz-address .
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-253A, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110