Transcoding to outside the home network ... HOW ?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Transcoding to outside the home network ... HOW ?

Hi there

I've been trying to work out the transcoding thing for outside my home network, but I'm still not successful :(
      Hopefully someone here will be able to guide me out properly for that.

I have the following apps installed on my iPhone: VU+Player HD, en2Player.
      At Duo2, the transcoding port is 8002. Please see the picture 1. Also, see the picture 2.
      With this setup, I can stream within the home network without any problem.

But, outside the home netwrok it is still not possible ...
      I guess something (UPnP) in the Fritzbox (7390/German) needs to be configured for transcoding ... correct?

Please help ;)
      Thanks
      Bilder
      • Duo2_Transcoding_setup.png

882,76 kB, 1.920×1.080, 25 mal angesehen
      • VUPlayer.png

66,79 kB, 1.127×732, 23 mal angesehen
    • How do you connect from outside to your home network? VPN? Portforwarding?

It has nothing to do with UPnP.
    • VPN is much better and you don't have to change the IP 192.xxxx in the settigs of the app.

Look here: Setting up VPN connection to FRITZ!Box in Apple OS iOS (e.g. iPhone) | AVM International
    • These preparations are only important if you connect from another network to your home network. To connect an iPhone via 3G/4G it is not necessary to make the preparations,
    • if You want to connect from „outside“, you will need a fixed IPv4 or you a DDNS-Service. As hdgo suggested, VPN is the way you should use.

If you are new to this, search and get in to:

-VPN
      -DDNS

What is your Router’s brand?

Isn’t easy, but not to hard.
      Bunt ist das Leben und granatenstark, volle Kanne Hoschies!!! :happy4:

:325: for ever!!!
    • @pccorner
      Please read the first posting.

In the AVM instructions all is explained. It is not necessary to look for VPN and DDNS.
    • In my opinion it is very easy.

I don't know if a youtube tutorial is available.
      You can look for it by yourself.
    • Transcoding to outside the home network ... HOW ?

ftpuser is a standard.

Add a new user for each iPhone or iPad.
    • it WORKED ... easy as can be :thumbsup:
      thanks a lot !

now 2 questions:

1. I could not access the HDD (for recorded movies, etc) in Duo2 by neither of the apps.
      Am I missing something ... or there is a better free app available?

2. Is there any way I could WakeUp the Duo2 from Deep Standby by these apps?
    • 1. I have no problem accessing the hdd of my box:

WOL via internet doesn't work with a fritzbox. But you can configure that the Duo2 will wake up every time when an external device tries to reach it:

• Thanks.

1. Yes I can access now the HDD Movies folder via the VUPlayer
      But the movies won't play: "Service Unavailable Now" !

2. Yes with the same configuration once upon a time I could WAKE the receiver by "Computer starten" from inside the Fritzbox.
      But, that doesn't works out either now. So, WOL seems to be not working !
      Yes, I did enable WOL inside Duo2.
    • These settings are only for this defined user !

You can set "Anmeldung mit dem FRITZ!Box-Kennwort" - so there is no need to define a specific user .

You are not using Fritz-NAS/USB-HD ?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-253A, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110
    • @markusw

I don't see the "Anmeldung mit dem FRITZ!Box-Kennwort" option under System>FRITZ!Box-Benutzer.

I own the v7390.

There's a pre-created user called "ftpuser" ... is that the one perhaps ?
      Under that user, it's "Zugang zu NAS-Inhalten" is ticked, others are unticked.

No, I am not using Fritz-NAS/USB-HD ... am I missing something?
      Please do enlighten me, if you can :)
    • You have activated "Erweitert" / extended view ?
      Bilder
      • x1.jpg

142,36 kB, 1.439×814, 14 mal angesehen
      • x2.jpg

209,27 kB, 1.437×788, 13 mal angesehen
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      KAPIERVORGANG beendet.

Zubehör : Philips 46PFL-9705 / 37PFL-9604, Samsung HT-E6759W, Samsung SPF 107H-105P-87H, Qnap TS-253A, Harmony 650, Fritzbox 7490, Cisco WAP4410N, Netgear M4100-D12G, TPLink HS100/HS110/LB110