question to SOLO 4K owners (DVB subtitles, CI+ support)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• question to SOLO 4K owners (DVB subtitles, CI+ support)

Hi, could somebody check and confirm if DVB subtitles are properly displayed on SOLO 4K while watching the previously registered material?
      By DVB subtitles I mean the subtitles stored in the encoded TS stream, saved in \hdd\media and not any external subtitles used by various players.
      To see and select available DVB subtitles one must press Audio button twice I assume but I’m not sure since I have another STB.
      I'm having problems with my current miraclebox where DVB subtitles are of very bad quality, sometimes appear for a few milliseconds only and are not synchronized. I’m wondering how it looks like for latest VU+ models like Solo 4K or Ultimo?

My second question is about CI+ support – is it possible to indicate the CI+ working mode like “1.3” or “legacy” in the CAM configuration menu?
    • Hi,
      subtitles are not very commonly used in Germany as everything is already dubbed. Perhaps you ask in a Dutch or Scandinavian board. Subtitles are also a matter of the used image and not the used STB. So trying different images, also for your miraclebox, might be an idea.

ciao
    • I didn't think about such specific local market issue :)
      In the channels broadcasted in Poland (NC+/Canal+, HBO etc.), even with lector or full-dubbing audio, the original DVBsubtitles are very often kept in the TS stream.
      I tried several images in my miraclebox and the problem is the same so mayeb there is some low level box driver issue which cannot be solved on Enigma image level.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von peter2018 ()

• dvb-subs and even videotext / teletext is stored in the Satellite-feed / Stream WHEN your provider sends all off the regular sub and audio-channels to the Uplink for the Satellite.
      But few of them send all the country and regional (and thus Licensed) content as dvb-subs over Satellite which could be received in other countries than intended as to prevent Breach of Licenses.

on the kingofsat webpage you'll find channels and transponderdata regarding the dvb-sub

due to these license issues some of the content providers use their closed boxes
      as for example:

Cyfrowy Polsat
      NC+
      Orange Polska
      have decoding systems other then the Enigma2 free platform

CI+ support is available on the VU+ SOLO4K your question however regarding the optional setting 1.3 or legacy version is something I do not know
      :D keine kohle mehr :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von tonskidutch () aus folgendem Grund: added to the answer some extra info

• Thank you for your comments.
      Maybe you are right about the dvb-sub but why VLC plays the recorded TS files correctly on my PC, they implemented the not-standard decoding especially for Poland?
      Btw, I owned Technisat Digicorder ISIO S where DVB subtitles were displayed perfectly but maybe Technisat engineers made an additional effort to support Polish market.

About CI+ settings:
      This is what I can see in Egami: bild.me/bild.php?file=2686330ci_mode_mb.png - other options are: Auto, CI+ 1.2, Legacy mode - they are active for Neotion Fransat CI+ 1.3 module but maybe they are somehow activated by the module itself? I have no other CI+ module to test it.
    • when you use the dvb-sub button on your remote, it takes a few seconds untill the subtitles are displayed
      I always had these when broadcasted in the satellite stream in VTI image

also with playing recordings subs are displayed when the dvb-sub button is pushed

when you are using the CI+ module be sure to add the appropriate channels in the CI+ menu which use the Fransat CI+
      :D keine kohle mehr :D