Re-download picons

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Re-download picons

Hi guys,
      I am on the uno 4K, the picons were automatically downloaded from my cable provider, but few weeks ago the provider changed some frequencies and some picons are no longer showing up.
      Is there a way to force picons redownload from the supplier?
      I did a cable rescan but no success.
      Thanks
    • Re-download picons

Tried this option, deleted the "picon" directory and did a new cable scan.
      Surprisingly no picon was downloaded at all.

It seems the cable scan is no longer downloading the picons. This looks to me like a software bug, probably happened in one of the VU software updates in the last months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Hello

I don't think that the picons are downloaded from your cable provider automatically. Are you sure that this is the case? How should the cable provider know what kind of box you have and which format and naming the picons need to have...

I always need to install the picons myself. Usually you can use the PiconManager plugin to install them, but this only works for standard channel sets like Astra or Hotbird satellite channels. You don't mention which cable provider you use, but it's possible that it's not supported by PiconManager.

In this case you need to download the picons from the forum (e.g. from this thread). There are programs available to help you to maintain you picons, name them correctly and transfer them to the box, e.g. Bouquet Editor Suite.
    • Re-download picons

I am with Ziggo cable in the Netherlands.
      Yes I could find on internet the picons, no problem, but what bother me is why they no-longer download automatically. I am sure they did.

The PiconManager crashes the box, so I cannot use it on my Uno 4K with the latest VTI image. Maybe part of the same problem.

Is there a guide somewhere about the picons naming convention?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Hello

I don't think that picons ever were downloaded from the provider automatically... You get the DVB-C signal from Ziggo and there is no way to get picon files out of the DVB-C stream... On the other hand, I don't know if you have any plugin installed which might download picons over the internet from Ziggo...

The picon naming supports two different styles:

• by name - picon name must match the channel name exactly e.g. "NPO 1.png"
      • by reference - you get the channel reference from the info menu, the file name is something like "1_0_1_6E46_431_1_C00000_0_0_0.png". (note that the original reference may contain : colons, but the file name uses underscores!)
      This is described in the German Wiki as well (Wiki: Picons by Name and Reference").

The Bouquet Editor Suite however does everything automatically. You just have to download a picon file and assign it in the Suite to a channel. Much easier...