set locale or similar functionality on VTi 11

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• set locale or similar functionality on VTi 11

Hi all,

I've been searching on the forum but so far without succes.

I'm planning to write a pretty simple script, that will rename the files of a recording.
      But, I seem to run into an issue with some of the characters.

When I look in /media/hdd/movie with FileZilla; I have recordings with names containing characters like 'é'.
      In putty however, the 'é' is being displayed as '??'. So, when I would create a list with 'ls -1'; the names being logged are not correct.

I've been altering my settings for putty; to display characters in iso-8859-1 instead of UTF-8; but that hasn't helped.

On most Linux systems there is a way to do a 'set locale'.
      Is there such a possibility on the implementation in VU+ Vti 11? If so; where?
      If not, are there other ways to work around?

I did found something about /etc/inputrc; but I'm not sure that uncommenting '# set convert-meta off' will do the trick. The posts concerned where for typing umlauts and some other German characters.

Thanks for any feedback.

de_perre
    • Well, to make life easier...
      When I type

Shell-Script

1. root@vusolo4k:/media/hdd/movie# find . -type f

I get the output in the correct way: ./20170129 2115 - één HD - Beau Séjour.eit
      But with 'ls', I get 20170129 2115 - ????n HD - Beau S??jour.eit

I'll see if I can work around my issue by using the find command.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von de_perre ()