FBC tuner: What are its functions ?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• FBC tuner: What are its functions ?

Can someone please explain to me what a FBC Tuner can do ?

I still don't own any FBC tuner box, so I am completely in the dark at the moment :)

Q1. Does it require a FBC LNB ?
      Q2: Is it basically a One Cable solution for quad LNBs ?

or does it do what I would really wish it to do ...
      Q3. Could I separate my 16 LNBs (T90) from one diseqc cable into one FBC tuner on the box, then into 4 virtual tuners inside the box ?

Thanks a lot.
    • Q3: yes, but with one cable you have only one frequency band and one polarization of one satellite for all 8 (not 4) tuners.
    • hgdo schrieb:

Q3: yes, but with one cable you have only one frequency band and one polarization of one satellite for all 8 (not 4) tuners.
      OK, lets see if I understood you correctly ...

So, suppose I have distributed all 16 satellites which are coming from one Diseqc (16 inputs / 1 output) as follows:

Virtual Tuner A = 28, 26, 23, 19

Virtual Tuner B = 16, 13, 10, 9
      Virtual Tuner C = 7, 4, 3, 0.8 ... and so on ...

Now, if I RECORD something from A, the rest of the satellites on A are blocked excepting the recording transponder, correct ?

But, because of all 16 sats are coming from one cable, will the Virtual, B, C, D, E, F also be deactivated for recording from A ?
    • It makes no sense to distribute the satellites to different tuners.

If you own 16 LNBs you should know that it is not possible to transfer the signal of different LNBs with one cable at the same time.This is elementary knowledge of this technology.

genius5000 schrieb:

Now, if I RECORD something from A, the rest of the satellites on A are blocked excepting the recording transponder, correct ?

No, you can with other tuners receice other transponders from the same satellite and the same band (HL, HH, VL or VH)
    • Please don't quote the last posting when you're answering!

A FBC tuner has 8 internal tuners. But with only 1 cable you have the above mentioned limitations.
    • in your case yes more or less...(you can open a bit more Transponders from one Sat Band, but thats it)

In many other cases the advantages are bigger, especially when you use Unicable or Unicable II, but with that many Satellites there isn't such a technique...
      Docendo Discimus
      KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Clemens ()

• Don't get me wrong here, I have 4 physical tuners with 4 Diseqc switches with many satellites all together of course.
      I am also satisfied with recording several channels at the same time.

I thought FBC virtual tuners will give me something different and new and useful to do, but seems like it is not the case.
    • FBC (Full Band Capture) Tuners capture either one of the following frequency ranges from one LNB:

Horizontal Low Band
      Vertical Low Band
      Horizontal High Band
      Vertical High Band

That means if you tune with (example) Tuner A in to a channel in the Horizontal High Band, then you can record all channels from any transponder in the High Band range. The FBC Tuner switches, through hardware on the tuner module, signals from this band then to one of 8 available demodulation units on the same tuner board.
      (These are then the so-called virtual tuner). It means you could record without any problem 8 channels at the same time, within the limits of the Horizontal High Band.

The same is true for each of the other band types.

Technically you could solve it (very expensive) by having for all 16 satellites a Quad or Wide Band LNB and then feed all signals into a Multiswitch with 64 inputs (16 x 4 -> HH, HV, LH, LV) and 4 unicable outputs to feed the 2 Twin FCB DVB-S Tuner of a VU+ Ultimo 4K.

I doubt this suits your current requirements.
      Weniger ist manchmal mehr!

Mein Setup: aktuelles VTi Image mit MuteSpectator-MOD Skin. OScam-Update. Plugins: OpenWebIF, GraphMultiEPG, EPGRefresh, EPGImport, EPGSearch, TMDb. Interne HDD 1TB. LAN an Fritz!Box 7580. HD+02. EPG.dat, Picons, Image Backup, und BackUpSuite Daten im Flash. Dur-Line UK-124 Unicable LNB für Astra 19.2E (8 Tuner), Dur-Line UK-124 Unicable LNB für Astra 28,2E (4 Tuner), Inverto IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP für Hot Bird 13E (4 Tuner), Dual DVB-C/T2 Tuner. FCC=Off.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von atreyou ()

• atreyou schrieb:

That means if you tune with (example) Tuner A in to a channel in the Horizontal High Band, then you can record all channels from any transponder in the High Band range.
      Thanks for that explanation. Then again I just realized my UNO 4K already featured an FBC tuner so my brand new DUO 4K SE won't be doing much more than that older one.
    • Yes, the Uno 4k SE also has an FBC tuner and thus the same functionality.
      The Duo 4k SE has a second slot for a second FBC tuner.
      With only two sat cables this doesn‘t provide more sat layers as you have with one FBC tuner.
      You just habe 16 tuners instead of 8, but still are limited to 2 of 4 sat layers

You should check the option to change to Unicable LNB.
      However, if you receive mor than one orbital sat position, this is not that easy and may be costly.
    • I can't do that I don't own the dish. It belongs to the building's owner.
    • Ok, in this case you‘ve got what you‘ve got.
      Having one cable from the LNB, you can receive 8 transponders from one sat layer (out of four) simultaneously.
      With two cables from the LNB, you can receive 8 transponders from two sat layers simultaneously.
      The Duo 4k SE doesn‘t bring you additional reception than the Uno 4k SE does.
      A second FBC tuner won‘t add more sat layers.
      The limitation is the number of cables from the LNB.
    • I've got two cables. I'm upgrading from Uno 4k, the first edition, without screen, but I think that's the same story. Thanks again for the explanations.