Chromium OS couple of questions

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Chromium OS couple of questions

Hello guys,

I see, Ultimo4k has the new plugin Chromium OS included.
      Due I use (and see that first time on STB), could you point to the right direction please?
      First of all, I would like customize the default user as my Google user ( that option is grayed out in settings). Shall I use any .ini file etc please?
      The second question, which is interesting probably, about the ability to run Netflix in Chromium.
      It looks like the browser isn't compatible.
      I haven been digging a little bit and people recommend to install Widevine (if it isn't installed already) as the addition. Do you think, is it possible within that Chromium OS and worth to spend some time on it please?
      In such a point of above, finally, I can run Netflix under E2, which is really milestone for Enigma2, due nothing works until now. Apart from that , I run my Sony with Android (currently 65XD9503) and Netflix works well, but it's always nice to have some backup in E2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I see. How about Silverlight then?
      How is the Chromium OS done in E2? Does it run as standalone, does it base on E2 completely please?

How about the user login customization?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von hgdo ()

• Guys, I think we shall forget Chromium. Google is phasing out Chrome apps for Linux and other platforms:

Google will end support for Chrome apps on Windows, Mac, and Linux - The Verge

That is, we will never find Netflix, Vimeo, Amazon, Kodi ... and tons of apps on E2 as advertised by VU+.
      Wrong direction VU+ this time, no free developers.

But if you really like to give it a try, from my experience I think you will need a decent text entry option in order to use that Chrome browser.
      VU+ did not offer any option, you have to enter text by using the VU+ remote, that is 4 times press 8, 2 times press 5, 3 times press 2.... you get it.
      If you are lucky, and your remote batteries still okay, and you did not mistake the f** letter in the middle, half hour latter you might see your web site...
      First thing you might like to do is to install some text entry/mouse option. So far I could find only the Chrome Desktop Remote from Google. In theory it will let you control Chrome from you phone or tablet. I could install the CDR, but could not start it up, so total failure.
      Please drop some lines if you can make CDR to work.

Edit hgdo: unnötiges Komplettzitat bei Direktantwort entfernt

Hi, LeeCooper,

Personally, I would like to go even further and get away even from E2 definitely :)
      That's why, I went for the Android TV, but it sucks with the built in DVB-S with CI. It's too slow and buggy to work for everyday use.
      Luckily, Ultimo4k is quite promising, but unluckily, it sticks (please correct, if I am wrong) to E2 only.
      This STB has lot of possibilities and Android TV could be brilliant.
      If it's nothing on the market, we catch "something " .
      I would like to use my TV as the screen connected to STB only. I hope one day, I can flash with the Android image. All (almost) issues are gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von hgdo ()