VU Solo and BCM7325 specifications

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• VU Solo and BCM7325 specifications

I am reviewing a VU+ Solo receiver. In BCM 7325 specs we can read that it is a dual threaded cpu (as BCM7335 of VU+ Duo is), running up to 333Mhz. ( broadcom.com/products/Satellit…Top-Box-Solutions/BCM7325 )

However, both original and VTI image for VU+ Solo don't excibit dual thread smp functionality, and /proc/cpuinfo reports the CPU runs at 220MHz.

Why is this? Can we expect an image with smp dual threaded support soon? And what about the 220MHz reported in /proc/cpuinfo? Is this correct? If it is, why the CPU runs so much underclocked?

Quellcode

1. root@vusolo:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
      2. system type : BCM97xxx Settop Platform
      3. build target : vusolo
      4. processor : 0
      5. cpu model : Brcm4380 V4.12 FPU V0.0
      6. cpu MHz : 220.67
      7. BogoMIPS : 220.67 ( udelay_val : 110336 HZ = 1000 )
      8. wait instruction : yes
      9. microsecond timers : yes
      10. tlb_entries : 32
      11. extra interrupt vector : yes
      12. hardware watchpoint : yes
      13. ASEs implemented : mips16 dsp mt
      14. VCED exceptions : not available
      15. VCEI exceptions : not available
      16. RAC setting : I/D-RAC disabled
      17. unaligned access : 2357682
      18. rdhwr/brdhwr traps : 0 / 0
      Alles anzeigen
    • We are in contact about that with vu+ for a long time and we are still hoping on a satisfying answer

KEINE FRAGEN PER PN DIESE WERDEN OHNE AUSNAHME GELÖSCHT FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM
      KEINE FRAGEN IM VORSTELLUNGSBEREICH FRAGEN GEHÖREN INS FORUM

Anfänger Tipps die nicht alle im Handbuch stehen##Die wichtigsten Links von Vuplus Support!## QUICK-START-GUIDE für Neuankömmlinge...##Anfängerfragen & Notdienst ##JA / NEIN Fragen für Anfänger ##FAQ
    • bad engineering on those chips(stbs) , proposed to run 333, but they gets too hot and low lifetime, they are sold very cheap. i think there are no other solution but extreme water cooling or peltier to make that piece run above 300MHz. too bad they are not on market with decent price ~100USD as should be.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von xener ()

• So, the CPU runs only at 220MHz? At that speed, it's computing performace would be about 350 DMIPS, much lower even from DM800 (which has a computing power of 450 DMIPS, according to Broadcom). At 333MHz the computing performance is 525 DMIPS according to Broadcom.

VU Duo and DM500HD have a computing performance of 1100 DMIPS, so this is a very big difference!
    • Originally posted by malakudi
      So, the CPU runs only at 220MHz? At that speed, it's computing performace would be about 350 DMIPS, much lower even from DM800 (which has a computing power of 450 DMIPS, according to Broadcom). At 333MHz the computing performance is 525 DMIPS according to Broadcom.

VU Duo and DM500HD have a computing performance of 1100 DMIPS, so this is a very big difference!

yes, when you plan to run seti on your satbox.
      anyone else using sat receiver for watching TV...
    • Original von xener
      Originally posted by malakudi
      So, the CPU runs only at 220MHz? At that speed, it's computing performace would be about 350 DMIPS, much lower even from DM800 (which has a computing power of 450 DMIPS, according to Broadcom). At 333MHz the computing performance is 525 DMIPS according to Broadcom.

yes, when you plan to run seti on your satbox.
      anyone else using sat receiver for watching TV...

This is a useless quote.

CPU power is needed for many things in an enigma2 receiver. Usage of python requires cpu power. Higher CPU power of VU Duo made the difference in booting time and usage of enigma2.
      For example, xmtv import requires higher CPU. Software DTS decoding requires higher CPU. usbtuner handling requires higher CPU.

So, no, it is not about Seti.

In all Vu Solo brochures the Vu Solo is advertised as running at 300MHz. So which is true? 300 or 220?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von malakudi ()

• Hello.

Any info from VU+ for this issue for slower processor speed than the specified in the manual and on the carton box of VU+ Solo. I sent them e-mail, but no one did not answered me from them for more than a month! What can we do about it that have VU + solo, because this is an obvious fraud?
    • Original von SOLO MAN
      Hello.

Any info from VU+ for this issue for slower processor speed than the specified in the manual and on the carton box of VU+ Solo.

Not yet
      Pustekuchen ist keine Blume.

Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F2) - Vu+ DUO - 500GB HDD (Samsung EcoGreen F3)
      Vu+ SOLO - 500GB HDD (WD Mybook Essential 2,5") - Samsung USB DVD Brenner
      DM800 - Abcom IPBox 910 - Opticum HD TS 9600
      Zotac Mag Mini als Medialplayer - Buffalo Drive Station Pro als NAS
    • Ok, here is the answer form Alex about CPU speed:

Dear Customer,

Regarding cpu speed 220M at /proc/cpuinfo, we got an answer from Broadcom saying that "Linux kernel 2.6.18's information of cpu can diverge if cpu has very long pipeline which is the case in 7325".

We have asked for more detailed information about cpu speed issue, and will send you the additional information as soon as we get it.

Thank you for the interest of Vu+.

Your Vu+ Team

Reply Broadcom I figure total bs. Why? Because these wrong results would be expected also for Vu + Duo. As Alex wrote, he is awaiting more response from Broadcom and will send me when he get them.

If the frequency is deliberately reduced due of lack of CPU cooling in VU + Solo i think it is not the problem to install fan. I bought this fan and when i install it, I'll put a picture on the forum (I believe it is suitable for VU + Duo, since it is very thin).

Scythe SY1012SL12L
    • Wow, this is very disappointing becaus I don't really believe the answer from the support. My VU+ Solo also shows 220 Mhz. I am actaully satisfied with the product but the boot takes very long and a better cpu would certainly speed it up.

I feel cheated!