VU+ DUO - where to find more Linux tools?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• VU+ DUO - where to find more Linux tools?

Hello all, I just bought a VU+DUO, and find it quite impressive wrt hardware and also ease of use.
      But am disappointed about the underlying Linux distribution, which is quite weak in terms of tools. In particular I need rsync which I could not find pre-installed on the box, and neither did I find it to install via opkg. Also other tools like gcc, nano, make I cant find thru opkg.
      Does anybody know what I can do to install these tools on the VU+DUO?
      Any hint would be greately appreciated!
      Thanks, Best,
      Hans
    • plnick,
      thanks a lot for this package -- it works!
      I probably will need more tools, so any hint where I can find more Linux tools prepared for the Vu+DUO would still be highly appreciated!
      Otherwise, I think about setting up some Linux machine for cross-compilation -- but thats the last ressort...
    • Hi plnick,
      this one worked but now I need another Linux tool (gnu tar, since the busybox tar is buggy). Hence, and since I expect others to come: I think I need to setup compilation etc myself.
      Since you seem to have your own building environment running: Can you please give me a hint how to setup either compile&make&autoconf etc on the VU+DUO (with original Linux image), or (if necessary) a respective cross-compilation machine?
      Thanks a lot!