HD DVB Subtitles - Not Working on VU+

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• HD DVB Subtitles - Not Working on VU+

To quickly introduce myself on this forum (fipo): I'm working at a company who provides playout systems for broadcasting companies. We are currently working on our newest feature which is HD DVB Subtitles.

The problem we are currently facing is that HD DVB Subtitles are working on each stb (we got quite a few DVB-S stb's here) except the VU Plus Uno (only stb we have of VU). We think it's a software problem of the VU and that's why I'm posting on this forum.

I've uploaded a ts file including HD DVB Subs. Could anyone confirm if HD DVB Subs are actually working on VU Plus systems? And / or if the software requires any fixes?

I’ve uploaded an example file to mediafire:
      no external links allowed in the forum > but you can offer the file differently, for example when interested by Private Mesage

edit:
      HD DVB Subtitles are working
      were they are offered conform dvb-s2 norm
      ciao

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von tonskidutch ()

• I tested it on my Vu+ Duo...it doesn't work.
      What are HD DVB Subtitles exact?
      What is the difference between them and normal dvb subtitles?
      What are the advantages?

Thanks for answering!

PS Did you test other enigma2 boxes like Xtrend or Dreambox?
      Docendo Discimus
      KEIN SUPPORT PER PN!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Clemens ()

• Clemens schrieb:

I tested it on my Vu+ Duo...it doesn't work.
      What are HD DVB Subtitles exact?
      What is the difference between them and normal dvb subtitles?
      What are the advantages?

Thanks for answering!

PS Did you test other enigma2 boxes like Xtrend or Dreambox?
      Thanks for the quick reply.

- HD DVB Subtitles are regular DVB Subtitles on an HD resolution.
      - The difference between normal DVB Subtitles and HD DVB subs is the resolution and therefor it requires some changes on the playout side and on the stb-side.
      - The biggest advantage of HD subtitles is a better picture. Basically the subtitles will look like you are watching a Blu-ray.

To answer your PS: Currently the VU+ Uno is the only Enigma2 box we've tested this new feature on. Other STB's include (subs are working on all of them): Technisat S2, Rebox RE-4000HD, SAB 4700HD and the Xsarius IGo2.