EPG charset problem

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• EPG charset problem

Hi there,

I may have posted this earlier in the wrong place, sorry. Nevertheless, here we are.

I have met some problems in the channel list / EPG, using my VU+ Solo. These problems were also present in VTi 5.1, and now I can see them in 6.0 as well. Here they are:

- for most channels, accented characters are shown as two-byte encoded (presumably UTF-8) instead of the correct accented character. Example: 'Âo' instead of 'ó'. Can I do something about it?

- for some channels, with multi-language EPG, the EPG language does not match my selected menu language. Can I somehow change EPG language for individual channels (or set a default)?

For reference, my system is configured for Hungarian language. I wish to see EPG in Hungarian, too, with proper accented characters :)

Thank you,
      T
    • Sure. I am rather new here and I was mislead by the title of the 'wrong' thread that's called 'VTi 6.0.x Vu+ Solo (Support Thread)'. I was under the impression support questions have to go there...

Skin: i am using VTi 6.0's default, AtileHD.

Back to the original problem: although I have no idea of the internal workings of the EPG engine, to me it seems the problem is somewhere around parsing EPG information from the satellite. For some channels, the accented characters are correct. For the majority of the channels, encoded accented characters seem to be incorrectly parsed. Does that make any sense?

Thank you for your attention,
      T
    • for previous skins which I tested some years ago, there was an additional language support for kyrillick and specific fonts
      but Hungarian has no such fonts

I know for sure the Atile HD has such support
      but I guess thinking of a different question related to this of your's that it is the EPG from your operator who has no clear carriage return in the EPG-text itself
      we found something similar some time ago
      IT WAS CHANNEL/SERVICE RELATED

you might want to add the EPG import plugin and choose the providers for your specific services / channels <> blue
      and then load it manually <> yellow
      and then disable the EIT-EPG in the VTI-tools
      and then restart the receiver via your remote control
      (by shutting down it stores an EPG.dat on your harddisc <> by starting / booting up it reads this EPG and makes it available to the skin)

these EPG texts could be missing the faults from the provider, becaus they are already parsed by a text editor.

ciao
      :D keine kohle mehr :D