SOLO2 not starting and display off.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• SOLO2 not starting and display off.

Today SOLO2 not start.
      I turn the key back, light blue button front lights but the display is off.
      Already disconnected hard disc.
      The SOLO2 not read the pendrive for flashing another image.
      What can I do?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von alexandrerpo ()

• Hello, I got the same problem yesterday...I uploaded a video here (sorry for the bad quality):

youtube.com/watch?v=h2QgWr9RIH0

The power button is ON and off 1 second after I switched it on. The ethernet port is blinking but the VFD display never turns on. I disconnected everything (internal HDD, USB ports, etc...) I tried another AC adapter with the same volts and amps but it didn't work, I got the same problem. I tried to flash it with an image in the USB port but it didn't work. I tried with Vu+ Util (2.0.1 version and an older one too) and RS232 but there's no support for this receiver (Solo2), which is incredible...I am desperated because I bought it only four months ago. Although it's still in warranty I bought here, in Spain, in a website which is in a city which is more than one thousand km. far away from my city. I contacted the shop yesterday by telephone and they want I pay the shipment costs from me to their shop and viceversa (from their shop to me), double cost. The told me also I have to wait until one month because the official repair service is in holidays now (august month). That's my story...I'm desperated.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von daviddrf ()

• HI

Try this:
      disconnect your box from power. Open the housing and disconnect the cables connecting main board and front display. Take off the front part. Loose all the screws, take out the front pcb and set it back in, carefully fasten the screws (not to much, just easy). put it all back together and it should be fixed.
      Backround: Some front parts are screwed on a little to hard. That put pressure to the touch sensor, especially when its warm, and starts a behavior like your box shows.

give it a try , otherwise send it in.
    • looza schrieb:

HI

Try this:
      disconnect your box from power. Open the housing and disconnect the cables connecting main board and front display. Take off the front part. Loose all the screws, take out the front pcb and set it back in, carefully fasten the screws (not to much, just easy). put it all back together and it should be fixed.
      Backround: Some front parts are screwed on a little to hard. That put pressure to the touch sensor, especially when its warm, and starts a behavior like your box shows.

give it a try , otherwise send it in.

Hello, thank you for your help. I tried it. I opened the housing, disconnected the cables from the mainboard and front display. I took off the front part and loosed all the screews, took of the front pcb....I fastened the screws...etc. And it didn't worked...Thank you anyway, I put all the illusion on this, but it didn't worked. The problem is the other solution is to sent it to the shop, wait one month for it to be repaired and they want also I to pay the shipment costs twice (from my home to the shop and viceversa) although I bought it only 4 months ago...incredible...
    • I had the same problem with my Solo² and had to send it in to the German distributor where I had bought it from. Mainboard was exchanged and I had my box back within a week.

Too bad the service in Spain is not as good.
    • ritchie.s schrieb:

I had the same problem with my Solo² and had to send it in to the German distributor where I had bought it from. Mainboard was exchanged and I had my box back within a week.

Too bad the service in Spain is not as good.

Congrats...¿Did you have to pay for the shipment or was it free?

• daviddrf schrieb:

Actually, I had to send my box in twice. First time was because of the "freezing" problem, for which they asked me to send the box in but didn't provide a free shipping label. They couldn't reproduce the problem but exchanged the mainboard anyway and shipped it back to me free of cost. Apparently the "repair" was bad since I got the problem you described within two days. I had to send it back again, this time they provided a free shipping label.

I don't know about the warranty legislation in Spain, but here in Germany, it is actually pretty consumer-friendly.
    • ritchie.s schrieb:

daviddrf schrieb:

Actually, I had to send my box in twice. First time was because of the "freezing" problem, for which they asked me to send the box in but didn't provide a free shipping label. They couldn't reproduce the problem but exchanged the mainboard anyway and shipped it back to me free of cost. Apparently the "repair" was bad since I got the problem you described within two days. I had to send it back again, this time they provided a free shipping label.

I don't know about the warranty legislation in Spain, but here in Germany, it is actually pretty consumer-friendly.

So you have to pay only for send it from you to the repair center and not for being it returned, isn't it? The shop told me I have to pay twice and they told me also I can't contact with the official repair center for VU+ here in Spain (vuplus.es) for the warranty. I must send the Solo2 to the shop and not to the official repair center. Where did you send your receiver for the warranty to be repaired, to the shop or to the official repair center? Thank you and see you soon.

• Hi David,

I don't think I can help you regarding your relationship with your dealer in Spain. I don't know anything about Spanish consumer laws, so my personal experience with the German distributor in Germany will not be any precedent for your situation.

Looks like you have to swallow the bitter pill and pay the shipping if you want your box repaired as soon as possible.

Regards, Richard
    • ritchie.s schrieb:

Hi David,

I don't think I can help you regarding your relationship with your dealer in Spain. I don't know anything about Spanish consumer laws, so my personal experience with the German distributor in Germany will not be any precedent for your situation.

Looks like you have to swallow the bitter pill and pay the shipping if you want your box repaired as soon as possible.

Regards, Richard

OK Richard, thank you anyway for telling us your experience. I hope I can solve my problem properly. I'm glad your German distributor solved you problem as good and soon as you told us. It's a pity here in Spain these things happen. Sorry for my bad english and see you next time ;)
    • daviddrf schrieb:

ritchie.s schrieb:

Hi David,

Regards, Richard

OK Richard, thank you anyway for telling us your experience. I hope I can solve my problem properly. I'm glad your German distributor solved you problem as good and soon as you told us. It's a pity here in Spain these things happen. Sorry for my bad english and see you next time ;)

Hi, I received the receiver from the supplier last September the 5th for free (under warranty and no ship cost) in my home and now it works perfect. It's a pity that's there's no still RS232/COM/serial support for VU+ Solo2 nowadays (at least for public access). I hope I won't have the same problem again... See you next time and thank you.